Sega bass fishing challenge porting

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Axel85
lithium

Re: Sega bass fishing challenge porting

Post#11 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:55 am

What happened to this porting? Are there problems that prevents it from running on Dreamcast?

Axel85
lithium

Post#12 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:37 am

Looks like I'm the only one interested of this game . Any news about the porting , and control scheme adaption ? Or is it abandoned due to problems?

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#13 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:20 am

Axel85 wrote:Looks like I'm the only one interested of this game . Any news about the porting , and control scheme adaption ? Or is it abandoned due to problems?

Youre not alone, wanted to see this one on dc too. I dont see the point in using the fishing rod since in the arcade this game doesnt. Probably joystick would be better to imitate the scroll ball sensitivity.

killer-elite
blackout!

Post#14 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:02 pm

Axel85 wrote:Looks like I'm the only one interested of this game . Any news about the porting , and control scheme adaption ? Or is it abandoned due to problems?

if you want it done so bad, figure out how to code and put in the work yourself... if and when it gets done is up to the person or group doing it...until then go play a game and chill out

Axel85
lithium

Post#15 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:18 am

killer-elite wrote:

if you want it done so bad, figure out how to code and put in the work yourself... if and when it gets done is up to the person or group doing it...until then go play a game and chill out

I only asked if there is any news about the porting , and the work to convert trackball to joypad or fishing rod . Not even asked for Eta . I'm only interested in knowing how it's done and if it's possible or not , because I'm a technician and I like to read about reverse engineering and solutions found to solve those problems . You need to chill out . You can't answer like this , I never asked about the release date or beg megavolt for a porting . I know how hard is the work he has done

megavolt85
Developer

Post#16 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:49 pm

Axel85 wrote:I only asked if there is any news about the porting , and the work to convert trackball to joypad or fishing rod .

work stopped

Axel85 wrote:Not even asked for Eta . I'm only interested in knowing how it's done and if it's possible or not , because I'm a technician and I like to read about reverse engineering and solutions found to solve those problems

the simplest and fastest thing that comes to my mind is to make a trackball myself from improvised means, but it is unlikely that anyone will repeat this, the game is not very popular

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#17 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:56 pm

megavolt85 wrote:the simplest and fastest thing that comes to my mind is to make a trackball myself from improvised means, but it is unlikely that anyone will repeat this, the game is not very popular

Would the trackball on the Panther DC work?

https://segaretro.org/Panther_DC
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

megavolt85
Developer

Post#18 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:52 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Would the trackball on the Panther DC work?

honestly I don't know, I don't have this stick and it's not described anywhere

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#19 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:17 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:Would the trackball on the Panther DC work?

honestly I don't know, I don't have this stick and it's not described anywhere

Whats wrong with using the joystick as a improvised trackball? The joystick has varying degrees of sensitivity, is it not precise enough?

killer-elite
blackout!

Post#20 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:27 pm

Axel85 wrote:
killer-elite wrote:

I only asked if there is any news about the porting , and the work to convert trackball to joypad or fishing rod . Not even asked for Eta . I'm only interested in knowing how it's done and if it's possible or not , because I'm a technician and I like to read about reverse engineering and solutions found to solve those problems . You need to chill out . You can't answer like this , I never asked about the release date or beg megavolt for a porting . I know how hard is the work he has done

if you say so...im just sick of people "asking" for things they have no control over...almost every time someone "asks" it sounds like a demand or suggestion of a game being ported to DC from some rando online with no understanding of what these guys do for the scene...yall need to cut these guys some slack they are doing this stuff out of their own time, money and pure will power... i feel like we need to give these guys space to do their thing how they want to do it without meddling too much...beggars cant be choosers