Making your SD card less prone to lock-ups (GDemu).

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Re: Making your SD card less prone to lock-ups (GDemu).

Post#21 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:39 am

megavolt85 wrote:
mkandersson1082 wrote:I remember the days they couldn't even push 1MB out of it. 7MB is massive!

1 megabyte per second = 8 megabits per second
you probably just got confused in these values
megabytes are usually indicated as MB
megabits are usually indicated as Mb

:lol: my mistake then. Either way it's a pretty big step up from the speeds I was used to.

Impacto
dark night

Post#22 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:35 pm

yzb wrote:The problem with the Resident Evil Veronica Tiger Head bug was that it was reading too fast, causing the initialization process of items to be skipped, and this bug has been fixed in the Chinese version I'm involved in

Did you guys have plans to fix the other versions?

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#23 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:38 pm

yzb wrote:The problem with the Resident Evil Veronica Tiger Head bug was that it was reading too fast, causing the initialization process of items to be skipped, and this bug has been fixed in the Chinese version I'm involved in

Why didn't this issue show up with other titles? What is unique about the coding of RECV? To a programmer, this is frightening.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

fanhais
shadow

Post#24 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:02 pm

can you put the fix in this forum for we other users can fix our resident evil code veronica for GDEMU ?

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#25 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:27 pm

Yes. The same problem was encountered with emulators until they fixed the timings.
I was actually wondering if anyone was going to patch a fix to the game itself, it would make a lot of clone owners happy.

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#26 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:58 pm

MoeFoh wrote:

Why didn't this issue show up with other titles? What is unique about the coding of RECV? To a programmer, this is frightening.

It does make you wonder being that CV is the only title with a game breaking bug on GDemus.

Gromber
undertow

Post#27 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:28 pm

WOW! nice job! hope that bug can be fixed in other versions!

skies of arcadia intro also have a bug for that problem , space channel 5 gets out of sync or shenmue games with the raffles, always Wins.

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#28 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:01 pm

Regarding Code Veronica: does anyone have a save file for the expanded, Japanese edition, Code Veronica X? I'm looking for a save nearest the eye of the tiger bug.

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#29 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:47 pm

I managed to get the head to turn in the extended Japanese version, but it locked up straight afterward :lol: I thought I'd play through on very easy so I could rush through it, and I found that sound cuts out on occasion as well. CV really doesn't like the GDemu.

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#30 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:49 pm

Side note: It's the first time I've played it in 480p, it hasn't aged badly at all.