Other Console Finds

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Macabre
Feet of Fury

Re: Other Console Finds

Post#81 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:04 pm

I keep forgetting to post these, but they are so awesome!

In japan they have figures called Gashapon, some by Yujin in particular are interesting to gamers. I'm sure we've all seen the mini-sega consoles by them?

warning, HD pictures coming up

So far I have the R-Type III Ragnarok (the one that did the awesome wave attack in R-Type Final) and the player 1 ship from the Darius series!

Next I have the Black Fly from Metal Black as well as a GunGriffion figure sitting in the back there. The GunGriffion figure came from a different sort of wave, as he didn't come with his stand...and he was a bit more intricate and hes far more delicate to handle.

And finally, I have Aleste from M.U.S.H.A. & Robo Aleste)

Normally these are sold in bundles over ebay of an entire wave (usually around 7 toys per wave). I found a seller who was selling individual ones, so I was able to get those related to games I enjoyed more. There are a few more that I want (considering Gradius even though I'm not overly fond of that series, there is also the sub from In The Hunt and a Raiden MK-2 ship that I'm after if I can find them for sale individually). I also really want that tank from Granada...

I just want all the ones for the games I enjoy :lol: Sorry twinbee.

Also, I should note that there are apparently very rare limited release variants of all of these. For example, I have the R-Type with the force & bits from (i think) R-Type III, but there is also another version out with a different force & bits. There is also the 2nd player blue Darius ship.
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Post#82 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:29 pm

I got a Sega Power Strip from a friend's brother, all he wanted was a Super Nintendo game, a GameBoy Advance game and a regular power strip to replace it.

Pictures:

EDIT: Took new pictures because I don't have the old ones anymore.

Last edited by TeamXlink on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#83 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:18 pm

I can't say I've ever looked closely at a power strip before ! But that really is a cool looking thing ! I would like to own one myself for sure. It has surge protection also ?

Nice sharp pictures by the way. How do you upload them with that quality as when I try uploading the photos come out small and lacking in quality :? Or is it that your camera is way better than mine lol

Macabre
Feet of Fury

Post#84 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:04 am

I just got in a copy of In The Hunt for ps1 (old long box).

I had always wanted the saturn game, but never saw a good deal. Picked this one up very cheap...

But i regret it.

The poor box had 4 retail stickers on it and two rental stickers (from two different companys).

The disc looks like its been in a meat grinder - i'm looking to have it resurfaced.

The bottom of the box was missing the front case closure - it had been replaced by a cut + taped cardboard part from a Kellogg cereal box.

I just spent the last half hour pealing what tape and residue I could off the box with goo-gone. The lid hasn't been connected for easily a decade.

It really feels like some sort of cliche movie theme where I'm taking in an abused whore amongst my high class pristine games.

I feel semi-obligated to keep the poor thing. Any sane collector would literally napalm a game in this condition, or possibly send it out on fire in a viking funeral sort of fashion...

But I've always wanted to play this game... so like a wounded three leg puppy I'm taking this thing in and trying to salvage the poor thing.
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

SegaNews
fragger

Post#85 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Two Dreamcast BBA Adapters for $10. Decent price!
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

drunkn ghost
fire

Post#86 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:45 pm

I just scored a loose copy of Alien Hominid for GBA for $14 shipped.

I know a lot of people on here are not in the U.S. so that may not sound like anything special but it's a pretty smoking deal in the U.S. since it was never released here.

My other copy of it is complete and I ended up paying about $80 for it by the time I had it shipped over. :oops:

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#87 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:46 am

Alien Hominid is a really fun game, I've got a few versions of it on console.

Marty
undertow

Post#88 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:52 am

Picked up a master system 2 & 14 games today for only a fiver. 8-)

oopsmyseamandied
MegaDeath

Post#89 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:39 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290602075034?ss ... 1439.l2649

scph-1001 official refurb. That model had some plastic parts around the lens that were/are prone to failure. The official refurbs were retrofitted with metal parts when they came back.

Interestingly, it is a later unit and is U.S. made. Seems another bidder knew exactly what they were looking at. These never go this high in auction, not even when the model number or a picture of the jacks is included in the listing.

*I was wrong, prices are WAY up on these. This was a decent deal atm.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#90 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:46 pm

DS: castlevania order of ecclesia
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here