RetroShock Live Online Multiplayer - Saturn NetLink Games: 7/11 @ 2:00PM Eastern

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: RetroShock Live Online Multiplayer - Next Game TBD

Post#41 » Sun May 24, 2020 2:58 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:Wiz: you should really get Tron 2.0 for the Xbox. Light Cycles is awesome for multiplayer (specially if you grew up with the old movie :D )

Never even seen the movie actually. lol I'll check it out though. :)

you should, it is the first movie ever to use CGI...in 1982 ;)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Post#42 » Mon May 25, 2020 6:57 am

I've got a psp go and I have phantasy star portable 2 if anyone wants to play. What do you need to play online these days? Does the service still run as normal?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#43 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:53 am

Krootox1986 wrote:I've got a psp go and I have phantasy star portable 2 if anyone wants to play. What do you need to play online these days? Does the service still run as normal?

The servers were shut down so the only way to play would be via XLink Kai. There are a ton of tutorials on how to set it up. Basically you just sign up for an account, run the software on your PC, and you're done. You may also need to port forward (I think UDP 30000 is default) your PC but it tries to do automatic port forwarding so you may not need to.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Post#44 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:08 am

Ok thanks pc. The xlink site is down right now but I will look as soon as I can. I'm pretty sure dmz won't be an issue as I changed it for dreampi

KnollControl
shadow

Post#45 » Mon May 25, 2020 12:22 pm

Good games. Sorry I could only make it for a couple at the start. I don't know if you've played PSP on XLink before but the setup is more involved. Not as straightforward as Xbox/PS2 etc.

Edit - Also, do not DMZ your PC! That's a security risk. Just port forward if UPnP does not work

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#46 » Mon May 25, 2020 12:39 pm

KnollControl wrote:Edit - Also, do not DMZ your PC! That's a security risk. Just port forward if UPnP does not work

True. Didn't even think of that. Doh!

Regarding connecting the PSP, didn't even realize that the setup was completely different. Makes sense since ad-hoc mode normally requires you to connect directly to another PSP and not through your home network. There's a really old tutorial here. Should work assuming not much has changed since it was written. I'll have to test it out soon.
PSO Characters:

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#47 » Mon May 25, 2020 6:48 pm

i dmz''d my pc...i know its bad but i only changed the ip to the dreamcast ip ....when i'm wireless on pc it has a different ip.....also i mentioned earlier that Bobz dns no longer works...i am wrong...it was down for a while now it works great....

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#48 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:25 pm

If anyone wants to try out some PSP games via Xlink Kai, the easiest method is probably this Raspberry Pi image. PSP-specific instructions are near the bottom of the page. You just need two Wi-Fi adapters on your Pi for it to work. So either two external Wi-Fi adapters if you have a Pi with no built-in Wi-Fi or just one external one if you have a Pi with built-in Wi-Fi. Once you have that, it's just a matter of running a few commands on the Pi and you're good to go. I just tried it and it worked perfectly (at least Kai detected the PSP anyway).

Just note that the you need to make sure the external Wi-Fi adapter works with ad-hoc networks. I used this Edimax one.
PSO Characters:

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#49 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:32 pm

pcwzrd13....i dont know if you have the game Ace Combat Joint Assault for psp but that actually still works legit online without the need for any tunneling software

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#50 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:43 pm

ncman071 wrote:pcwzrd13....i dont know if you have the game Ace Combat Joint Assault for psp but that actually still works legit online without the need for any tunneling software

Really? Are you sure? I have a hard time believing there are still servers running for any PSP games. I Googled it but I can't find any info.
PSO Characters: