Other Consoles Video Thread

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

NAOMI JVS at home - a tutorial in parts

Post#61 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:01 am

I get a lot of NAOMI questions on my YT channel and I genuinely love helping / teaching people how to enjoy these things at home (I mean I am a college professor in tech after all so....always happy to do it) so I decided to do a series on JVS featuring the Sega NAOMI as my platform of choice.

Up first : I/O boards and how to actually control your NAOMI. Hope it helps some people

I mean NAOMI is just Dreamcast's big brother after all so...we should all have one available to play at home :)

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

The Ocean Hunter - one of the absolute best Model 3 games ever

Post#62 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:20 am

I absolutely love the Model 3 and in some ways wish the Dreamcast hardware had been Model 3 based as it just looked so amazing for it's time and place. The Ocean Hunter is hands down the best example of just how impressive Model 3 was...its hard to believe the game is almost 25 years old as it looks like something that came out in the 360 era to me

anyone else play / love this one?

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: The Ocean Hunter - one of the absolute best Model 3 games ever

Post#63 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:47 pm

It's a shame Sega never made a compil of model 3 shoot like this one and jurassic Park.
Sega paid a lot of money the licence and never release the shoot on console.

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: The Wii U - ZombiU - 2/2

Post#64 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:51 am

Such an awesome game. Also very underrated and deserves way more love than it gets

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: The Wii U - DK : Tropical Freeze - 1/26

Post#65 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:51 am

areyareadyherewego wrote:WiiU is a great system to handle Wii games, and when modded - GC games (ISOs only, have to make them from a modded Wii)

Never used it for DS games, etc. but I heard its emulation is quite good as well

I stockpiled WiiU discs in 2018- early 2019 when they were cheap.

Have since double dipped on Hyrule Warriors, SMB U, Tropical Freeze... but thats ok. Got em all for a steal ($10, $25, $20)

There's a few re-releases I've passed on too

WiiU also got Wind Waker HD which has not been re-released and some random 3rd party novelties that I imagine won't ever see a re-release.

I need to mod my Wii U soon

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: A series on the AW to DC games - Kenju - 2/3

Post#66 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:41 am

So awesome this now runs on Dreamcast. From unreleased NAOMI netboot Atomiswave rom to something I can sit on my couch and play on my Dreamcast. Perfection!

beanboy
Wazza

Post#67 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:56 am

I still haven't played that ZombieU game yet. :lol:

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#68 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:58 pm

'ZombiU' is $5 at a local game shop, and I constantly think I should get it, but I'm just not a survival horror guy. I don't usually have the patience.

BrewDarrymore
shadow

Post#69 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:14 pm

wii u is a good system

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: The 3DO / Konami M2 - the system that almost went to Sega - Total Vice - 2/5

Post#70 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:40 am

This would have been one of the launch games had the M2 been released by Panasonic (or Sega had they bought it in 96)