Other Consoles Video Thread

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: My fav unported arcade games - Golgo 13 - 2/7

Post#81 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:20 am

Anthony817 wrote:Ah that is very true. Could possibly run a few of them on DC as well if they were converted over to PSX.

You never know. Clearly the AW to DC stuff this year has shown us anything seems possible

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: The Wii U - a series of videos I am doing

Post#82 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:01 am

DavidSmith wrote:
DCGX wrote:The last couple of months I've actually been hunting for and expanding my WiiU collection for the system's best games (and some oddities). There's definitely some great games on the WiiU, but, looking at my WiiU shelf, it severely pales in comparison to the Dreamcast in terms of the amount of great games.

The WiiU https://roms-download.com/roms/nintendo-wii is missing almost entire genres like fighting games (outside 'Tekken Tag 2' and 'Pokken Tournament') and shooters of all types; first, third and shmup (and other consoles beat the WiiU in performance for games like 'Call of Duty'). Likewise, all but a few are on Switch now, and in many cases, with better versions.

My top ten, in no particular order:

- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (also on Switch)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (also on Switch)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut (also on Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- Mario Kart 8 (also on Switch)
- Bayonetta 1 (also on Switch, Xbox 360, Xbox One/Series X/S, PS3, PS4, PC) and Bayonetta 2 (also on Switch)
- Rayman Legends (also on Switch, Xbox 360/Series X/S, PSVita, PS3, PS4, PC)
- Shovel Knight (also on...well almost everything else)
- LEGO City Undercover (also on Switch, Xbox One/Series X/S, PS4, PC)
- Assassin's Creed IV (also on Switch, Xbox 360, Xbox One/Series X/S, PS3, PS4, PC)
- Need for Speed Most Wanted U (also on Xbox 360/Series X/S, PS3, PC)

I personally don't think the entries WiiU Mario are the best Mario entries in either 2D or 3D (and they're also improved on Switch). 'Super Mario Maker 2' beats the WiiU original outside of using the Gamepad. The same can be said about 'Splatoon 2' and 'Splatoon.' The other 'Zelda' releases are good, but are remakes/remasters. 'Smash Bros. Ultimate' beats the WiiU version, in my opinion.

When you get down to it, the list is actually quite small. Still solid, but short. But I still enjoy delving into the WiiU's library.

To each his own. Personally, I love Wii Mario. You may not fully appreciate the game

Considering Nintendo themselves changed the speed Mario actually walks for today's Switch release of 'Super Mario 3D World' (which, for the record, I am picking up today myself) and how long you can climb in the cat suit, I think they'd agree it's not their best. And that was my gripe with '3D World:' time became a detrimental factor in the game, when it never has in any other Mario game unless someone really dilly-dallies.

Edit: Also, you said "Wii" Mario, not "WiiU." In which case I agree, since I think 'Super Mario Galaxy' is better than '3D World.'

beanboy
Wazza

Re: Asian Dynamite EX - weirdest Sega game of all time

Post#83 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:33 pm

Wow! I've never played that game yet. I'll check out that vid in a while.

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: My fav unported arcade games - Scud Race Plus - 2/14

Post#84 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:08 am

Scud Race Plus...better than Scud Race in every way...including the inclusion of racing cats! :D

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: The Wii U - The Wonderful 101 - 2/16

Post#85 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:26 am

IMO the best Wii U game NOT made by Nintendo lol

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: A series on the AW to DC games - Ranger Mission - 2/17

Post#86 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:21 am

It may be a B tier title but its still awesome to have on Dreamcast!

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Little Nightmares II - a beautifully haunting game

Post#87 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:37 am

Sometimes I feel like I advocate for this game and series so much Tarsier should be sending me a paycheck...spoiler...they arent :lol:

Curious who has played these games? I rarely hear them mentioned which bums me out as they are some of the most visually and thematically interesting and amazing games I've played in a long time

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: My fav unported arcade games - Violent Storm - 2/21

Post#88 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:03 am

AS GOOD as The Simpsons and TMNT

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: The Wii U - Pikmin 3 - 2/23

Post#89 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:27 am

Hands down one of my favorite Nintendo franchises

beanboy
Wazza

Re: The Wii U - Pikmin 3 - 2/23

Post#90 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:29 pm

Yeah, that Pikmin game is really cool.
I haven't played Wonderful 101 yet though, but I hope to play it.