Other Consoles Video Thread

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Other Consoles Video Thread

Post#1 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:08 am

This thread is for posting/sharing YouTube video on other consoles. For Dreamcast-related videos, please post in the Dreamcast Video Thread.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Star Wars Trilogy Arcade and that Model 3 magic

Post#2 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:12 am

Vgesoterica wrote:

I loved my Dreamcast but I wish somehow it was closer to Model 3 specs so we could have gotten all these amazing Model 3 games, like Star Wars Trilogy Arcade, on a home console. SOOOO many amazing games that never made it home.

What's everyone's fav Model 3 game?

Course want play something like it lol

which was good for the time

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#3 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:26 am

Vgesoterica wrote:

I loved my Dreamcast but I wish somehow it was closer to Model 3 specs so we could have gotten all these amazing Model 3 games, like Star Wars Trilogy Arcade, on a home console. SOOOO many amazing games that never made it home.

The dreamcast is pretty close to model 3 specs and theres no reason they didnt port to it other than they didn't want to. At worst the dreamcast seems to be able to push half of what the model 3 can do( late versions of model 3 have 2 gpus) and at best it comes close to matching ( step 1/1.5). Thats more than enough power to get faithful ports with gameplay intact.

That said iam pretty happy with my model 3 ports , after all my favorite game on the dc is fighting vipers 2. It lost half of detail of the characters and parts of the stages got the chop and some lighting was removed but its gameplay is intact . Virtua striker 2 also was superb port by genki thats come pretty close to the model 3 step 2 version with some unnoticeable downgrade.

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Post#4 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:33 pm

cloofoofoo wrote:
Vgesoterica wrote:

The dreamcast is pretty close to model 3 specs and theres no reason they didnt port to it other than they didn't want to. At worst the dreamcast seems to be able to push half of what the model 3 can do( late versions of model 3 have 2 gpus) and at best it comes close to matching ( step 1/1.5). Thats more than enough power to get faithful ports with gameplay intact.

That said iam pretty happy with my model 3 ports , after all my favorite game on the dc is fighting vipers 2. It lost half of detail of the characters and parts of the stages got the chop and some lighting was removed but its gameplay is intact . Virtua striker 2 also was superb port by genki thats come pretty close to the model 3 step 2 version with some unnoticeable downgrade.

The real question is whether Sega ever had the home console rights to Star Wars Trilogy Arcade or if they would have had to pay Lucas more $$ to port it?

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#5 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:23 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Course want play something like it lol

does the DC emulate 32X?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:07 pm

dubcity wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Course want play something like it lol

does the DC emulate 32X?

No not at all it be to much i was just saying there was a home console sega machine that played a star wars arcade machine one of the better games on the 32x I remember having the 32x and thinking it was a major upgrade and show with it you could easy have star fox or better 3d grafix using it..

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:36 pm

This is mine.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#8 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:13 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:No not at all it be to much i was just saying there was a home console sega machine that played a star wars arcade machine one of the better games on the 32x I remember having the 32x and thinking it was a major upgrade and show with it you could easy have star fox or better 3d grafix using it..

Oh ok

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Force Five Atomiswave beta...could it run on DC?

Post#9 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:54 am

Granted this and Kenju were actually rigged up to work via NAOMI netboot, but considering the rest of the Atomiswave library has come to Dreamcast thanks to the awesome work of Megavolt85 I was curious about the possibilities of this and Kenju being given the same treatment?

I have both game files if that helps.

Anyone else check these out yet?

Esppiral
Quad Damage

Re: Force Five Atomiswave beta...could it run on DC?

Post#10 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:11 am

Wow this looks great! Mind you sharing the files? I want to try and make it widescreen.