BBOS7 gaming

Talk about Handheld gaming devices and Mobile gaming here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ThickPad
shadow

BBOS7 gaming

Post#1 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:43 am

I have recently switched to the blackberry bold 9900 as my daily driver. Yes. I know. Does anyone happen to know any good games for BBOS7? And yes, this post was made on a blackberry bold 9900.

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Re: BBOS7 gaming

Post#2 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:24 pm

I'm more curious what network is allowing you to activate the Blackberry Bold 9900. In the US, Verizon is already sunsetting their 3G towers, with T-Mobile to shudder them in January, and AT&T in 2022. Vodafone Europe has sunset 3G, only leaving 2G online for its low power backup utility. Unless you have the T-Mobile specific 9900 4G, I have a hard time seeing how you're working with such an old device as anything more than a weaksauce tablet alternative.

As for the question of "games" for the platform, you might be better asking the Crackberry community regarding that. For buying games, you're SOL, as Blackberry removed all payment options from Blackberry World in 2018. I'm surprised it still functions as well. My BB10 devices no longer log onto my Blackberry account, so I hardly expect them to work now.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:49 pm

Some supported 4g as well

example
The BlackBerry Bold 9900 is the GSM version of the BlackBerry Bold 9930, and has essentially the same design and features save for a few changes depending on the carrier. The Bold 9900 for T-Mobile lacks the dual-mode GSM/CDMA chipset of the Bold 9930, but it does support T-Mobile's "4G" network.

ThickPad
shadow

Post#4 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:07 pm

I have the unlocked version of the 9900. I also happen to live in a country called Lithuania, where most of the carriers still don't have plans to shut down 2g. So I can use the bold without a problem.