Anyone here play games on mobiles ?

Talk about Handheld gaming devices and Mobile gaming here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

gkjand
shadow

Anyone here play games on mobiles ?

Post#1 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:38 am

With the introduction of mobile with games, My world changed a lot. I used to play the snake (the most popular mobile) game continuously to beat my own score.
I also played tetris, carrom, chess :)

So, anyone here who plays games on mobile? If yes what games you play ?

Favrenation
Outrun

Re: Anyone here play games on mobiles ?

Post#2 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Ive have played tetris on an old tracphone. But now having a good phone. Games are way overpriced and they aren't even that good. The whole mobile phone gaming market currently is a giant scam.
PS2 Online Gaming

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#3 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:28 pm

i have a few free games on my iphone. i dont really play them much though. i have a mini arcade basketball game and whack a mole. i think i have a few card games too but idk for sure, i might have removed them?

gkjand
shadow

Post#4 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:21 am

Favrenation wrote:Ive have played tetris on an old tracphone. But now having a good phone. Games are way overpriced and they aren't even that good. The whole mobile phone gaming market currently is a giant scam.

You can download the open source game like the games developed in JAVA and you can download .jar files for free and then play!! Why do you want to pay for some small mobile games, unless they are really very good game :)

Favrenation
Outrun

Post#5 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:08 am

Verizon doesn't support java they support the brew platform which can do better graphics but non are open source and basic games cost like 8 bucks.
PS2 Online Gaming

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#6 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:32 am

I've got about 25 games on my phone. I'm pretty impressed with the technology and how some games look great but I find the controls ruin most of the experience. Recently I played a Donald Duck :lol: game which was quite fun and Assassins Creed was decent. I usually pay around £2.50 for games which i think is ok value.

As i say though, it really depends on whether the phones controls are up to the job or not.

cOcOoO
Ore hitori de, juubun da

Post#7 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:45 pm

I do. I have a sony w580i. It supports j2me and java3d. The best games i've played in a cellphone are galaxy on fire 3d, 3d coaster rush, street fighter 2, meteos: astro blocks, a 3d rpg made by fishlabs which i can't recall it's name, asphalt 3 3d, 3d planet riders (bluetooth gaems ftw) and a LOOOOOONG etc.
(>'-')>=|======> t('.'t)

ImageImageImage

PSO char:
Alegrina!
Lvl. 44
HUnewearl
REDRIA

Macabre
Feet of Fury

Post#8 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:31 pm

I've only found one game worth an actual purchase; Robo Defense (android only iirc).

DAAAAAMMMMNNN Good game! Free version of the game gives A LOT! You get the main map, up to lvl 10, can upgrade all perks (if you can afford it), and all main weapons up to level 3.

Full game cost $4, and they are constantly updating it with new stuff. Less than a week ago they added a completely new map.

I'm currently stuck at level 95 on basic, trying to purchase the last two perks (current cost is 6000000 and then 6500000 pts), while trying to get every tower trait up to 20 before i focus on damage and rate.

...If you like tower defense games, and you try the free version, I'd almost bet cash on an inevitable full-game purchase or theft.
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:55 am

I have an HTC Desire HD since March of this year and its pretty freakin awesome. Aside from the fact that I couldn't stomach the idea of I Phones and all the restrictions associated with I-Tunes etc, I just really wanted the freedom of Android. Recently upgraded to 2.3 and am running a bunch of games including emulators, see the list below:

Angry Birds
Angry Birds Seasons
Angry Birds Rio
Nova
Phage
cut the rope
Gun Bros

via Genesis Emulator Gensoid
all the sonics
ristar
phantasy Star 4
maximum carnage
Earthworm Jim
Cannon Fodder
Vectorman
Xmen 2 Clone Wars

Via Master System/Game Gear Emulator Gearoid
Zillion 2 the Triformation
Alex The Kidd
all the sonics
Wonderboy 3 the dragons trap

Via Playstation Emulator FPSE
Oddworld Abbes Oddysee

absolutely love playing my old emulated titles on the HTC, some of them work better than others as it is a touch screen and it can be a bit tough to control sometimes but on the whole its pretty awesome

Anyone know of any good RPGs or action games on droid I should try?

EDIT

Just took the plunge and downloaded Samurai II Vengeance, awesome little game and it actually works on my HTC Desire HD REALLY well, wicked little game
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

Cornerb0y
stalker

Post#10 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:55 pm

I have the Xperia Play (totally under utilized in the U.S.) and just got N.O.V.A. 3 which I tend to play online a lot.