New 3D Racing 4x4 Jam For Sega Dreamcast

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Captain Dreamcast
Developer

Re: New 3D Racing 4x4 Jam For Sega Dreamcast

Post#11 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:54 pm

Is it already being sold or is this a pre-order? The Dreamcast version at the Gamescom was extremely pretty to look at but still had gamebreaking technical issues. Then again that was probably a demo version with demo version bugs.

It's really one of the games coming out that looks on par with """real""" Dreamcast games, so I hope it does well.
For Great Justice!

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#12 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:34 pm

I agree with Khan. Not the friendliest site to order from. But it is no fraud. I bought the last set of games from Joshprod through them and they are great quality. No complaints there.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#13 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:12 am

I never said anything about fraud. As others have posted, it's a bear of a site to use and you have to register just to browse. The quality of the physical production of these games is great, but the quality of the games themselves (outside of the port effort) is not the highest. I finally opened and played 'Breakers' a couple nights ago, and man, I have to stop and play Super Street Fighter II X to get the frustration off me. It's just getting hard to swallow paying $40 for ports of 10-20 year old games you can get cheaper elsewhere (not including original Neo Geo carts).

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#14 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:02 pm

DCGX wrote:I never said anything about fraud. As others have posted, it's a bear of a site to use and you have to register just to browse. The quality of the physical production of these games is great, but the quality of the games themselves (outside of the port effort) is not the highest. I finally opened and played 'Breakers' a couple nights ago, and man, I have to stop and play Super Street Fighter II X to get the frustration off me. It's just getting hard to swallow paying $40 for ports of 10-20 year old games you can get cheaper elsewhere (not including original Neo Geo carts).

Yeah, these ports can be run via emulators too so a bit hard to justify paying a lot for them. The flashback port has some effort put into it though... but still i have that on Amiga. I own ghost blade already so... I try buy many original dc games though funds can be tight

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#15 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:13 am

The Bit Station is an American company that will be selling the new games including 4x4 Jam.

http://thebitstationgames.com/upcoming-games/

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#16 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:49 am

Wrath of Khan wrote:
DCGX wrote:I never said anything about fraud. As others have posted, it's a bear of a site to use and you have to register just to browse. The quality of the physical production of these games is great, but the quality of the games themselves (outside of the port effort) is not the highest. I finally opened and played 'Breakers' a couple nights ago, and man, I have to stop and play Super Street Fighter II X to get the frustration off me. It's just getting hard to swallow paying $40 for ports of 10-20 year old games you can get cheaper elsewhere (not including original Neo Geo carts).

Yeah, these ports can be run via emulators too so a bit hard to justify paying a lot for them. The flashback port has some effort put into it though... but still i have that on Amiga. I own ghost blade already so... I try buy many original dc games though funds can be tight

Yes, at least with Flashback there was effort put in. Widescreen support (though it's more or less just stretched) and smoother cutscenes, other options of play and additional features. I don't have Flashback in any form, so I'll probably get that game eventually. I usually get all new Dreamcast games, but we're teetering on the edge of collector/nostalgia exploitation. Which pisses me off.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#17 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:02 pm

DCGX wrote:
Wrath of Khan wrote:

Yes, at least with Flashback there was effort put in. Widescreen support (though it's more or less just stretched) and smoother cutscenes, other options of play and additional features. I don't have Flashback in any form, so I'll probably get that game eventually. I usually get all new Dreamcast games, but we're teetering on the edge of collector/nostalgia exploitation. Which pisses me off.
Yeah, I prefer new original dc games for sure. I guess its cheaper and quicker to port games. I gather joshprod got an official licence for flashback though - whether he payed up front or delphine/rights owners get a cut of sales I don't know. There sure has been a whole lot of Dc games recently - a deluge.

Ivan Guber
letterbomb

Post#18 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:13 am

Nz17 wrote:The Bit Station is an American company that will be selling the new games including 4x4 Jam.

http://thebitstationgames.com/upcoming-games/

Thanks for this news. I added link on 1st post.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#19 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:26 am

Ivan GR wrote:Thanks for this news. I added link on 1st post.

Thank you. :)

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#20 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:19 am

Wrath of Khan wrote:
DCGX wrote:
Wrath of Khan wrote:Yeah, these ports can be run via emulators too so a bit hard to justify paying a lot for them. The flashback port has some effort put into it though... but still i have that on Amiga. I own ghost blade already so... I try buy many original dc games though funds can be tight

Yeah, I prefer new original dc games for sure. I guess its cheaper and quicker to port games. I gather joshprod got an official licence for flashback though - whether he payed up front or delphine/rights owners get a cut of sales I don't know. There sure has been a whole lot of Dc games recently - a deluge.

Yup it's cheaper. And yes, they got the license for Flashback. Maybe it's a stepping stone. License and release lower end games (or just old games in Flashback's case), and then try to secure licenses and official ports of higher quality and newer games. Unfortunately, that means people like us are forced to buy the lower end games to support and in hopes of better stuff down the line. And given the price, I'm not happy about jumping in feet first. These releases could be $20 easily in my opinion.