The dangers of too many online DC games too soon

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Chael
fire

Re: The dangers of too many online DC games too soon

Post#21 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:34 am

It's nice to save as many online games as possible but I won't cry if planet ring, pool and toy racer get less playtime because of Outtriger, Speed Devils and Bomberman.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#22 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:55 am

Chael wrote:It's nice to save as many online games as possible but I won't cry if planet ring, pool and toy racer get less playtime because of Outtriger, Speed Devils and Bomberman.

i will... pool is awesome..

Arnold.D
minority

Post#23 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:29 pm

Lol please don't complain about there be too many ever. If all were put back online day one that would be a blessing. Hell if even only one online game was put back that would be a blessing. I hope it's possible Propeller arena could be put up online. That would be epic lol

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#24 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:52 pm

Anonymouse wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:I heard Shuouma just purchased a Ginsu knife from ebay Japan. I wonder why he did that?

Calm it son.

LOL, nice one, Anonymouse! Hope to see you online in 10 minutes.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#25 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:22 pm

there is a danger that with so many games you cant get good at all of them at once..

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#26 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:15 pm

I'm good at none of them. Lol

MonsterTank
noob

Post#27 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:23 am

Think of this. Reviving the Dreamcast Online Community will actually give Sega another shot at bringing another console back into the market. These side projects always keeps the memories and success back into the gaming industry. Quake and Unreal Tournsment are positive honorable mentions other than PSO, keep the legendary console going and you will see great success.

kazade
Developer

Post#28 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:34 am

Nz17 wrote:I agree with Anonymouse that there is a risk that the player base might not be large enough to support lots of games online simultaneously. However, as we can see, there aren't all that many online Dreamcast players these days period. There are 235 players in total according to http://dreamcast.online/now/ , and though that doesn't count everyone, it is a good approximation.

It's worth noting that this figure is the number of players active in the last 3 months, the total figure is probably getting towards 400-500 now.

death_pixel
undertow

Post#29 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:33 am

Well once I heard my Dreamcast (which I’ve had since I was 5 and been trying to get online since I was 10) had a very easy way to go online now, I wanted in on this small community, now I’ve been proud to be part of this community for almost a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#30 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:54 am

Death_pixel: Here, here!

Kazade: It's good to know that there are so many people who have played online by now! I hope to get a Dream Pi set up some day soon to join all of you. :-)