Xeno Crisis @ KS has added Dreamcast port as a goal [Reached!]

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: Xeno Crisis @ KS has added Dreamcast port as a goal

Post#11 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:04 pm

Roel wrote:
Wombat wrote:Looking forward to playing this on Dreamcast. Just look at the pixel art on this one, absolutely stunning!

I coulnd't agree more! But I would expect no less from Henk Nieborg. 8-)

DCGX wrote:Looks good, but I don't know if I'll back it. I'm sounding like a broken record, but there are so many outstanding DC Kickstarters we're waiting for delivery on, it's hard to keep backing more and leave money out there.

I'm working hard to break that trend! :mrgreen:

Which is why I didn't hesitate to back Izzy lol

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#12 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:36 pm

I'm looking forward to its success.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#13 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:20 am

Now if only it had twin stick support and 4 player co-op. =P

Ivan Guber
letterbomb

Post#14 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:28 am

The Dreamcast version has better graphics then MegaDrive version? Or the graphics will be the same on two system?

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#15 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:36 am

Ivan GR wrote:The Dreamcast version has better graphics then MegaDrive version? Or the graphics will be the same on two system?

As far we know will be the same. I hope make new stretch goals with Enhanced Mode and Online Co-op mode. Ask them to do it :)

Edit : I spoke with them on p.m. and I asked them if they interesting to make enhanced version and online co-op on Dreamcast.

And they replied me with this message :

"We'll have to make a much more detailed development plan after the campaign, details like this will no doubt come out of those plans and we'll keep all backers updated at the time."

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#16 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:10 am

I personally think it would be neat if they added 4 player co-op and used the higher resolution of the Dreamcast to make bigger arenas in order to make the 4 player mode feel less crowded (the current arena size IMO would be too small for 4 players at once), but that's just me.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#17 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:41 am

Tarnish wrote:I personally think it would be neat if they added 4 player co-op and used the higher resolution of the Dreamcast to make bigger arenas in order to make the 4 player mode feel less crowded (the current arena size IMO would be too small for 4 players at once), but that's just me.

I think an enhanced version for the dreamcast would be awesome. the larger arena may be to much to redo in the game but they could have different multiplayer maps just for the dreamcast and hopefully online play.

I would back this project with more money if there was an online goal too.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#18 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:28 am

The-Amazing-Mr_V wrote:I think an enhanced version for the dreamcast would be awesome. the larger arena may be to much to redo in the game but they could have different multiplayer maps just for the dreamcast and hopefully online play.

Well they said in a Twitter post they "don't want the Mega Drive version to be inferior", so I doubt any of those will be happeneing, but I guess we will see.

Ivan Guber
letterbomb

Post#19 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:20 pm

DarkSynbios wrote:
Ivan GR wrote:The Dreamcast version has better graphics then MegaDrive version? Or the graphics will be the same on two system?

As far we know will be the same. I hope make new stretch goals with Enhanced Mode and Online Co-op mode. Ask them to do it :)

Edit : I spoke with them on p.m. and I asked them if they interesting to make enhanced version and online co-op on Dreamcast.

And they replied me with this message :

"We'll have to make a much more detailed development plan after the campaign, details like this will no doubt come out of those plans and we'll keep all backers updated at the time."

Thanks for answer.

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#20 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:36 pm

A few more quotes from developers:
all Dreamcast backers will get a downloadable CDI file, like all Megadrive physical release backers will get a ROM file.

the Dreamcast version will be a proper coded port