SEGA DREAMAST NFL FOOTBALL

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

SEGA DREAMAST NFL FOOTBALL

Post#1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:09 am

So ,

I been trying to play 2K1 , not really enjoying it ,

their is also QB Club I believe ,

What game would prob be more like MADDEN ? I'm a MADDEN GUY.

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: SEGA DREAMAST NFL FOOTBALL

Post#2 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:59 pm

Madden would be more like Madden, but who wants that. NFL 2K2 is the best football sim on the Dreamcast. Blitz is the best arcade football game on the Dreamcast. Stay far, far away from the Quarterbacks Club games.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:32 pm

QB club is terrible. NFL 2k2 was and still is a very good game...if you look past the dated graphics..2k1 is bascially the same but 2k2 added couple features

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#4 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:01 am

NFL 2K2 , Yeah in 2K1 it's very tank , kind of like the PS1 MADDEN Games , that's why I am not liking it ,

it seems too stiff. How about HOCKEY ? I never played a bad hockey game.

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#5 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:37 pm

as far as i understand NHL 2k2 is regarded as one of the best hockey games. too bad there was never online play
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#6 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:24 pm

NFL2k2 IS awesome! Too bad about the NHL games not being online.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#7 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:44 pm

OK . It sounds like I need 2K2.

Apparently that one in Franchise MODE will allow you to pick different team playbooks and use an edited roster.

Also I like Running with the QB and apparently 2K2 is even easier to do that with ?

In 2K1 You have to quickly get pass that LINE OF SCRIMMAGE and then run. and everything is locked in with DEFAULT Playbooks etc.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#8 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:11 pm

NFL2k2 is the best of the games. To note, I've played Madden 2006 and my team was the Steelers (I was CFL2006 online - CFL as in the Canadian Football League, the Hamilton Ti-Cats uniforms are "Steeler-esq"). So, I ran the bus, er, ball with Bettis and occasionally threw a short pass to mix it up and I won over 50 games straight by doing that (after a 1-19 start trying to learn this crappy game). I hate Madden because of such features as "Eagle-vision" (really) which I think was introduced in 2006 (could be wrong, not an EA anything fan).

I could NOT get away with that horrible unrealistic amateurish strategy in NFL2k2. NFL2k2 is really a true "real-world" football style of game. I play it like I would in real life but without the coach barking at us or crying to the refs (so embarrassing when they do that).

You can set up your audibles easily in NFL2k2 so you can call up to 3 audibles on offense and 3 on defense with a touch of a button. I use the 6-button Dreamcast 3rd party controller so I have the "L" option as another offensive receiver to throw to (the only game I know that uses an extra button that the standard DC does not have). My company ordered a few for me when I found that they were in a catalog we added for supplies and alternate tech (Innovation - although two of the 6 controllers did not work and I had to send them back for new - I think two are still in the box).

Think real football, time your attack and be careful of holding the ball too long. Also look one way for a sec, then look to where your primary receiver is to be and throw it at the right time or move out of the pocket if you are going to a side of the field with the pass. Always think of clock stoppage by running sideline plays if you need to save timeouts. Some teams have limited pass options in their playbook because they are based on the teams real playbook, not just a generic list of plays.

Last word on Madden (do not read unless you really want to read this):
I never really heard Madden Football over NFL 2k series from people who have played both (except now). I played a Madden" dude a few years ago that was very popular in his local town. I invited him over (being I know the guy) to play NFL 2006 (when it was still active online). I beat him in his own game (using his former console, the PS2 which he gave me in 2005). I could see his play choices on screen and learn his thinking (can't do that on the NFL2k series, the VMU is where you would see your options in secret during 2 player mode). Needless to say, he lost on NFL2k2 in which he admitted it was a really good game and then bought a Dreamcast just to play the NFL2k series - he's a huge NFL Football fan and a great classy human being and father, he broke his collarbone during tryouts with the Toronto Blue Jays in the late 1990's). He did join our community in the beginning of DC-Talk and played Q3 online against Impulse and others as "Carnage"
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Sega1Dream
Donated

Post#9 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:42 am

All this NFL talk, got me to start a new season in NFL2k2. :D

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#10 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:31 am

Sega1Dream wrote:All this NFL talk, got me to start a new season in NFL2k2. :D

LOL Yeah can you confirm for me that you can switch team playbooks in franchise mode ?

IN 2K1 you can only use DEFAULT ROSTER AND PLAYBOOK for the Franchise Mode