DC online members

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

DC online members

Post#1 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:30 pm

I'm curious how many people actually own dreampi's. I know that there's like 340 people on dc now. How many of those are BBA and how many are actual dreampi owners?

Do you all think we will see a lot more people ordering dreampi's if the sports games keep coming back online?

Personally, I think theres going to be a lot more people trying to get online over the next several months...

Anyway, as always I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY!!!!

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: DC online members

Post#2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:32 pm

nobody on DCNow is a BBA... those are all Pis..

although many of them may also have a BBA.. DCNow doesnt track BBAs...

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:15 pm

Ahh OK I didn't realize that

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#4 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:27 am

It also cannot track the DC-PC server and the LANmodem (Netopia) method. I still use Netopia for Max Pool, PSO and sometimes 4x4 EVO.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#5 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Bob you have dreampi right?

alexh86
lithium

Post#6 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:28 am

As mentioned, the total number shown on DC Now is the number of people who've logged in at least once with a Raspberry Pi, no other connection methods are considered.

Keep in mind that if you have connected via WifI and via ethernet hardline, DC Now will recognize this as two unique users. This is why you see some duplicate usernames with '(wifi)' or something similar after one of them. Even though I only used wifi one time, I configured a username for it. I'd guess that probably around 100 of the total is accounted for by this.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#7 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:17 am

It would be nice if it showed both total users and then something like active last 6 months. The total is a little misleading for some of the reasons pointed out. But I'm sure we could all think of features we'd like it to have :)
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#8 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:09 pm

So there's probably more like 250 players?

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#9 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:32 pm

it was around 900 when i first joined.. then when it got up over 1000 they changed it so it purges idle accts.. that was like 18 months ago ish?

for some reason i think the threshold was 60 days.. could be 90 or something entirely different :lol: ill see if I can find the thread

250-300 is probably a good estimate for "active" users.. tough to say how many people have a wired & a wifi connection without actually counting them all.. and I aint doing that.. lol

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#10 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:14 pm

300 aint bad for the ol DC....but i hope we can get closer to 500 active users....how can we advertise this better??