Found a Dreamcast in the trash

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
InnerCityTantrums
shadow

Found a Dreamcast in the trash

Post#1 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:13 pm

And it works! Cites and all with a controller. They were dirty, but a quick clean up and here they are. I’m very confused as to why someone would throw this guy away :(

Have you ever found a Dreamcast or a game in the trash!? Did it work? We have to pr serve these consoles!!! Image

Xiden
Developer

Re: Found a Dreamcast in the trash

Post#2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:42 pm

InnerCityTantrums wrote:And it works! Cites and all with a controller. They were dirty, but a quick clean up and here they are. I’m very confused as to why someone would throw this guy away :(

Have you ever found a Dreamcast or a game in the trash!? Did it work? We have to pr serve these consoles!!! Image

Its in nice shape too! Glad u saved it. A youtuber found a saturn in the trash that worked. I dont understand why not sell them lol.

InnerCityTantrums
shadow

Post#3 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Xiden wrote:
InnerCityTantrums wrote:And it works! Cites and all with a controller. They were dirty, but a quick clean up and here they are. I’m very confused as to why someone would throw this guy away :(

Its in nice shape too! Glad u saved it. A youtuber found a saturn in the trash that worked. I dont understand why not sell them lol.

Oh man! Finding a Saturn would be awesome!

Right!? I just don’t get the mindset to throw away something like this. Well today one was saved!

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#4 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:57 am

omg...someone threw that away? awesome find dude!

OfManNotMachine
letterbomb

Post#5 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:13 pm

what the f is wrong with people!?! That thing isn't beat up or anything. People baffle me everyday.

It's our duty in my opinion as dedicated gamers to help preserve stuff like this. I remember when Game Stop started throwing away the cases and manuals for all PS2 games and Xbox games at one point. Yeah I get there are a million copies of madden that probably was the main reason...but what bout all the other titles? Just getting trashed. Really crappy.

You did a good thing today!!

I never found a console in the trash, but I did come across a guy who had a Sega CDX and was like "I don't even know what this is, I'll probably just toss it at some point" so I calmly was like "eh I'll give ya $20 for it" and he was like "sold" I handed em my cash...and slowly walked away.... ;)

OfManNotMachine
letterbomb

Post#6 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:14 pm

And damn that TV stand looks so similar to the stands Sony made for their old Trinitron HD TVs lol

InnerCityTantrums
shadow

Post#7 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:33 pm

OfManNotMachine wrote:what the f is wrong with people!?! That thing isn't beat up or anything. People baffle me everyday.

It's our duty in my opinion as dedicated gamers to help preserve stuff like this. I remember when Game Stop started throwing away the cases and manuals for all PS2 games and Xbox games at one point. Yeah I get there are a million copies of madden that probably was the main reason...but what bout all the other titles? Just getting trashed. Really crappy.

You did a good thing today!!

I never found a console in the trash, but I did come across a guy who had a Sega CDX and was like "I don't even know what this is, I'll probably just toss it at some point" so I calmly was like "eh I'll give ya $20 for it" and he was like "sold" I handed em my cash...and slowly walked away.... ;)

Yeah I recall GameStop doing filthy stuff like that!

Dude that’s a deal and a half! That’s my goal after getting a full Wii U collection is to focus on getting loads of other SEGA consoles such as a CD and a Saturn in particular. Who knows maybe I’ll find one in the trash!

Kobra Kai
lithium

Post#8 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:36 pm

See..
Its just a load of old Junk.
(Boink)

https://youtu.be/Cun-LZvOTdw

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:34 pm

Glorious!!!

krssn
Metallic

Post#10 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:21 pm

Not a Dreamcast, but last week I found a Samsung VHS player in the trash behind my building. It had eaten the tape, but after removing it it worked flawlessly. A few days later, I see a black box in the back of my local electronics store, ready for recycling. It was a Nakamichi Cassettedeck 2. The fact that they cut the end of the cord made me laugh. As if that was going to stop me. Especially since next to it stood a large CRT TV with intact cord, also there for recycling. Cut the CRT's cord and took the cassetteplayer home. After replacing the cord, just like the VHS player, it worked flawlessly...

Who needs flea markets when you've got buildings with junk behind them... :lol: