A lot of coasters have been made...

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

billythegrape
rebel

Re: A lot of coasters have been made...

Post#21 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:21 pm

And yes I have all the .dll, etc files for imgburn

SparxsteR
undertow

Post#22 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:48 pm

I do not want to be mean or anything, but.
Why dont you buy the real game instead? it dosent cost much, and its not killing the laser on the Dreamcast.
Have you guys seen the Dreamcast 2?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#23 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:15 pm

You were using Utopia, and like pre-2009 CDIs!? Ouchies

Should grab ReviveDC, NoBS, DCCM/atreyu's, DCRes ones for most optimization

You were probably in bootdreams? Never did it for me I just DJ 24x sure I have ImgBurn and Alcohol but rarely needed by me

billythegrape
rebel

Post#24 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:48 pm

mistamontiel: Yes, I WAS using pre 09 stuff, but not now! I'm really trying very hard not to make coasters; my cdis are sourced from theoldcomputer.com, which I paid 25 bucks for a lifelong membership on like 15 years ago. Most of their DC stuff is dated from '14, which I thought would be ok. Made like six more coasters today using two other laptops. Could it be the laser in the machine itself?

SparxsteR: You are not being mean, but not only are DC games hard to come by, they are expensive as hell with this idiotic "retro revolution" we have going on. For instance, a copy of super mario 3 on nes fetches upwards of 35 bucks now; I think my copy was like a buck and a half at gamestop 20 years ago. Ya that was 20 years ago, but come on, it's still the same damn game.

Another example is the 3do. That system was so crappy that games are like a billion dollars for the system. The fun ones are impossible to find, and I could care less about the cover art, etc. I mean, I definitely value the legit copies I own, but I am not going to pay 80 bucks for frigging gex just because my copy is covered in scratches instilled by years of stoner related abuse. I'm older now, and only collect for fun, rather than value.

I'll give you another example. I had a stupid neoprene cover for an n64 controller that came with DKC. The cover made the controller look like a bunch of bananas. Completely useless and took up space in my collection. I sold it for $90. NINETY BUcKS!!! That's insane, and it wasn't the highest price for this thing. A LOCAL STORE BOUGHT IT FOR THAT MUCH!!! Do you know how many $2 atari games I got because of that stupid banana controller condom? A lot. That's how much.

I am a retro game junkie, but only for games that are playable. Plumbers Don't Wear Neckties is a game I own on 3do, and it is literally the worst game ever made. I would never buy this game, but I keep it because it is a naked disc and takes up no space. Alternatively, I own a Virtual boy, which takes up tons of space, and yet, I find the system fun to play, so I keep it. If I hated it, it would be out the door, just like the Game.com I had.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#25 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:47 pm

Holy. Din't know there's such thing as eternal membership for a lil over a dub L0L

Maybe your eye/reader/laser sure she could be shot. I know I started out with those Sony Supremas and wow they're disgustin, guess that's what did my first cast in too lol. Verbatims, JVC Taiyo Yudens specially the finest, the most reflective no harsh dye

This Google Doc has been quite the lifesaver, especially since the death of TiZ

I'm checkin Plumbers Don't Wear Ties now! No FMV dawh heavens nah nigga!!!!!!!#$@

billythegrape
rebel

Post#26 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:18 pm

I tried a dcres image, no success. Will update when verbatims arrive tomorrow.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#27 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:16 pm

Imgburn+cdi+16x/32x over here. 1 failure out of 107

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#28 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:43 pm

guess I am lucky also.. never had a problem with the imgburn from dclive...

billythegrape
rebel

Post#29 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:52 pm

Now I am making verbatim coasters instead of songs. Argh.

billythegrape
rebel

Post#30 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:53 pm

Songs=sonys