Saber Rider: A new Dreamcast game on Kickstarter !

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: Saber Rider: A new Dreamcast game on Kickstarter !

Post#201 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:52 am

Roel wrote:
mrneo240 wrote:Also, intrepid Izzy mods (probably just videos/pictures so as to not fuck with Senile team before they launch).

:o I am already amazed. Can't wait to see this.

We've been practicing sh4 assembly a lot lately. Sadly at the moment we are currently heavily involved in a couple other projects.

It's more the fun of playing with something new before anyone gets to claim First. It might happen, but again we don't want to do anything to confuse people or draw attention away you at/before/after launch.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#202 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:48 pm

I guess its 2019 for this... I need to fix my dc again, again, again, again... pain. When I get cash soon off it will go for full servicing. I have no luck with dcs but im ithcing to play through new titles. Theres a few I need to buy, quite a few releases this year.

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#203 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:56 am

Maybe in 2019, maybe.

"31 JUIL 2019 À 23:59"

- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#204 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:15 am

I've soured on this whole project in general. I guess I'll keep looking forward to it...

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#205 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:14 am

Ooh long way off. Still I guess it will come eventually.
I must check out joshprods new releases, maybe that shmup for christmas.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#206 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Bad news time?

Has The Dreamcast Version of Saber Rider Been Cancelled?
Posted on February 21, 2019
Bad news hit our inbox this morning regarding the Dreamcast Saber Riders & The Star Sheriffs from Rush On Game, turns out that Pixel Heart / JoshProd will no longer be publishing the game and Rush On Game are distancing themselves from the project entirely. Pre-orders started around May 2018 with an August 2018 release window, this soon shifted to around Christmas and after that, all went rather quiet, we began suspecting something was adrift with the Dreamcast version when it began missing projected dates and updates were becoming somewhat sparse, keeping in mind that the game was crowdfunded through Kickstarter, many backers stand to be out of pocket should the game end up ‘doing a Paprium’. We backed the game and I’m sure many of you have too, Rush On Game are offering refunds or an exchange towards the recently announced games, however, trying to get a refund from Kickstarter is going to be tough and sadly the PayPal claim back assist has gone past the time frame to claim – sadly this is proving more and more why crowd funding up front is a bad idea when it comes to small developed projects, I’m sure none of these developers aim to steal the cash and run, but life gets in the way and circumstances change, our advice would be vigilant, if there isn’t a demo up front and a clear product release line, don’t back it.

Tweets about the game haven’t been updated since October 2018, we are currently trying to chase down more details and will let you know as we know more, in the meantime, feel free to make your voices heard on the Twitter page for the game.

Source: https://dreamcasttoday.wordpress.com/20 ... cancelled/

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#207 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:44 am

=/
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#208 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:14 pm

Fuck! You know it's bad when Rush On/JoshProd back away. I dropped $118 on this.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#209 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:43 am

Yea, that's the final nail the coffin on this one I think.
I didn't back this one thankfully, but I feel for the others who were looking forward to it.
DC was an afterthought for this release, and IMHO those kickstarters should be avoided unless the startup has a good history. These guys slap "DC release" as a stretch goal, even though they probably have zero experience working with the Dreamcast itself.

I have been being quite selective on the games I back/preorder after Elysian Shadows and Sl@ve. I want more games for DC as I find the indie DC a great niche hobby/interest. And I'm always happy when a new DC game shows up in the mail. However projects like these with months and months of radio silence have really tarnished the indie games community.

I feel as of now Senile Team has (at least up until now) run the most professional startup for a Dreamcast indie game. They already had a history making games, they had a Demo ready to roll out in the campaign, showed off exactly what they were making with reasonable goals, they didn't ask for an insane amount of cash and have kept constant communication with their backers and the community.

/endrant

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#210 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:15 am

Doesn't even look like an official announcement has been made, just guesswork. If it has been cancelled then the Devs should be telling those who backed them. What bad service atop the disappointment.