DCHDMI Preorders open this saturday!

Schedule a time to play Dreamcast games online here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Forum rules
Post your Time Zone when scheduling for games. Use this map for reference: Time Zone Map
Xiden
Developer

DCHDMI Preorders open this saturday!

Post#1 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:51 pm

This is for the amazing internal hdmi dreamcast mod. Best dreamcast video quality I've ever seen.

More info here:

http://retrorgb.com/dchdmi-kit-pre-orde ... s-sat.html

gamingtrucker1
dark night

Re: DCHDMI Preorders open this saturday!

Post#2 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:58 pm

I like this buttttt will it work with my capture cards.
YouTube@gamingtrucker1
Twitch@gamingtrucker1

Thmanx
Anarki

Re: DCHDMI Preorders open this saturday!

Post#3 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:06 pm

Damn this looks good. Been waiting years from this after the the idea was first pitched a few years ago. (i.e. tapping directly into the DigitalVideo signal to do a FPGA HDMI board, just like the GCVideo project)

I mean I love my Internal VGA Mod ->
IMG_9702.JPG

(Atlona AT-HDVIEW VGA to HDMI Scaler solution) As it was the best of its time... The Atlona has low latency, with proper Vizio understood SMPTE 640x480 to 480p scaling)

But seeing the pure pixel integer scaling output with this new internal HDMI mod and 960P square scaling.... damn I'm so jelly...
I'm tempted to getting a 2nd Dreamcast and doing this mod to it, it looks so damn good.

As an owner of the legendary OEM Game Cube Component Cables, I appreciate getting the best out of my gear. I've been a 120% hard core DC fan since I picked mine up used in 2004 with a Junky VGA box, and this HDMI mod is just pure amazing. Almost as good as the HDMI N64 solution. It's truly incredible how the 'kids' who were fans of these consoles... became the literal hardware and software engineers who made their own hardware to tap DIRECTLY into their favorite systems of choice to pull raw Digital Video into HDMI.

Seriously, thats just epic.