Help to repair my DC

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

freddyretrogame
noob

Help to repair my DC

Post#1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:54 am

Hi guys! I have a problem with my DC and i don't know how to identify where could be the problem.
It power up and the orange led stay on. The fan is working well, but it doesn't reach the boot screen...i see only a black screen. It looks like that it is in a loop where it reset itself after a second. I can see that it send some video signal because my tv show that there is "something" plugged in my scart jack, but it doesn't show anything. If i close the lid, i can hear the lens that comes up and down, but i think that this is because it try to read something and after it reset itself. The disc spin without problem. I've also tried to open it and i've checked the voltages on the pins of the power board and they seems correct. I've also tried to power on the console without the gd-rom but with the same result. Another think that i've seen inside the console is that the upper case is a little yellowed inside, like of the console overheat around the power board and in the front...is this normal? I've checked some guides that use to "bend the pin" to make a better contact, but this have no result in my DC.

Have you ever faced a problem like this? What do you think about it? Thanks a lot :)

qerw
noob

Re: Help to repair my DC

Post#2 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:26 pm

HI! Try to open your Dreamcast and clean the contacts (pins) of the power supply. If you doesn't work, use sandpaper. In my case works in my two Dreamcast :D

freddyretrogame
noob

Post#3 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:34 am

I've already tried this but without success...in the end i've found an used motherboard and now it's fully working...the old one keep resetting itself then i think that it has some problems with one or more ic. :roll:

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:09 am

I did a good push and doesn't reset over and over no more. I think PAL units you would push the other way towards you!

freddyretrogame
noob

Post#5 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:42 am

I've tried a lot of time, but the problem is elsewhere. Probably it overheated because inside i've found some sign of heating. I've checked che voltages and the motherboard receive the correct voltages then the problem is not on the pin. The power board itself is working then the problem is the motherboard but not the pins, since it has a strong contact