Shutokou Battle (TXR) Website

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

louis012345678
Doom

Shutokou Battle (TXR) Website

Post#1 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:01 am

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and it's my first post.
I'm a massive fan of the tokyo xtreme racer series (or shutokou battle in Japan). I recently started playing the Japanese version of txr1 and noticed that there was an Internet option on the main menu (not in other versions) and found out that it had a website hosted on the dricas service. The website no longer exists but nearly all of it has been archived to the wayback machine. It's all in Japanese but Google translate makes it somewhat understandable. I was wondering if anyone knew much about it because I can't find any information on Google. I didn't even know it existed until yesterday!

Attachments
_20190122_141106.JPG
Car specs
_20190122_122048.JPG
Home screen

louis012345678
Doom

Re: Shutokou Battle (TXR) Website

Post#2 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:14 pm

UPDATE: I've decided that I'm going to recreate the site myself. So far it is pretty much just a homepage but it is available on the internet at shutokoubattle.atwebpages.com/index.html

The original dricas site is still owned by sega so I can't use it, as a result you can't access the website via the Shutokou Battle game but it should be compatible with Dreamcast browsers :-)

Xiden
Developer

Post#3 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:38 pm

louis012345678 wrote:UPDATE: I've decided that I'm going to recreate the site myself. So far it is pretty much just a homepage but it is available on the internet at shutokoubattle.atwebpages.com/index.html

The original dricas site is still owned by sega so I can't use it, as a result you can't access the website via the Shutokou Battle game but it should be compatible with Dreamcast browsers :-)

Once its finished message me a we can get it uploaded on dreampipe and setup a dns redirection to it

louis012345678
Doom

Post#4 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:55 pm

Sounds great. Thanks :-)
I'll try and get it finished in the next couple of weeks.
There is one problem though:
The original site is all in Japanese. I'm not sure whether to keep it that way or (badly) translate it into English via Google translate (my knowledge of Japanese is very limited). Any advice?

Xiden
Developer

Post#5 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:54 pm

Roareye has been doing Japanese sited as well. He uses Google translate then if needed rewrites it to where it makes more sense for us. So id say translate, then rewrite if needed using your best guesses to what they meant if you can.

If you have skype we can add you to our dreampipe dev crew group chat. We all collaborate on dc site stuff.

louis012345678
Doom

Post#6 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:39 pm

Sounds good. My Skype name is louis012345678 (no surprises there). I can't really do voice chat but I can do text chat.

Xiden
Developer

Post#7 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:50 pm

louis012345678 wrote:Sounds good. My Skype name is louis012345678 (no surprises there). I can't really do voice chat but I can do text chat.

We just do text chat :)

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#8 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:53 am

Hey Louis. We've already met on the Skype chat, but just wanted to give you an official welcome.
Wayback Machine is pretty much our only hope with these sites but it's not perfect. Some sites are missing almost all their artwork, many have the odd image missing etc.
So we are having to interpret the artwork as much as the written translation.

It's enjoyable though, and sometimes you get lucky and hit on some long lost DLC! My advice is to copy the main code out of the View Frame Source and translate it from there. Then trawl through the actual files stored to the Wayback Machine to cover anything the regular on-site links may have missed.

louis012345678
Doom

Post#9 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:23 am

Thanks. Luckily most of the images are present (there are a few missing on the carspec pages). ALL OF THE DLC IS INTACT! It includes new cars that were never playable normally as well :-)

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#10 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:41 am

Yeeeeessssss!!! More DLC! :D