Soul Calibur site and DLC!!!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Roareye
Rank 9

Soul Calibur site and DLC!!!

Post#1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Soul Calibur was online in Japan, and in translating the website two pieces of long lost DLC have been recovered!

This will be added to the usual Dreampipe.net site group, but for the time being it's available on my seganet account. The two downloads are VMU minigames. The Inferno character DLC is still missing.

http://www.seganet.co.uk/soulcalibur/

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Re: Soul Calibur site and DLC!!!

Post#2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:02 pm

Awesome news, great job!!!
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#3 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:06 pm

Those VMU games were actually found a few years back. The archived site you have there only has the VMI files which don't contain any actual data (they just contain download and file name information for Dreamcast browsers). You can find the full DLC at the link below.

https://www.mameau.com/scvmu/
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:30 pm

oh dang forgot about VMS files actually hold the data and not the VMI

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#5 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Xiden wrote:oh dang forgot about VMS files actually hold the data and not the VMI

Yup, sadly achive.org's file size limit means that you can only ever find the VMI files (if you can even get that).

I also noticed the link between the VMI and VMS files on the site I linked to are broken. I fixed it though. I attached the files in a zip folder.
Attachments
soulcalmini.zip
(56.76 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
PSO Characters:

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#6 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:40 pm

So what are the VMI files actually for? Surely I'll just link the VMS files and have done with it.

EDIT: Added VMS links on the site now, including one for the English translated VMS file.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#7 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:54 pm

Roareye wrote:So what are the VMI files actually for? Surely I'll just link the VMS files and have done with it.

It won't work like that. The VMI contains the information needed by the browser to download the file to the VMU.
PSO Characters:

Xiden
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Roareye wrote:So what are the VMI files actually for? Surely I'll just link the VMS files and have done with it.

EDIT: Added VMS links on the site now, including one for the English translated VMS file.

The vmi is whats needed to access the vms file. It tells the dc where to grab it I believe

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#9 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:59 pm

So how does the download work? I've placed both the VMI and VMS files together in the same folder of the server, and they both have the same name. Will that work?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#10 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:02 pm

Roareye wrote:So how does the download work? I've placed both the VMI and VMS files together in the same folder of the server, and they both have the same name. Will that work?

They need to be in the same folder and the VMS needs to match the name in the VMI file. The one from the site I linked to is actually incorrect and won't work. Download the fixed version which is attached in my second post.
PSO Characters: