who is still an active coder for dreamcast..?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

who is still an active coder for dreamcast..?

Post#1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:38 pm

Hello it's ian michel.. i was allways the people's coder at dcemulation.. i got voted that in a poll run by dcemulation.com..
I need help i want to know who is here ... and has a ready to go, dc tool chain and we can work on thing's i cant do it all my self..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just want to know who here can help ??? come on we have the skills

I have a lot of projects

but an easy and Most requested is geting CDDA working in quake 1 radquake or nx quake any other's i dont care ,lets get it working a simple task it should be it's kicking my ass and i dont know why..

i dont care who fixes it i dont want credit,, lets fix things on dreamcast homebrew ... we have megadrive we can get this fullspeed and sound lets do it i have src for fullspeed sound lets fix this

we can get quake 2 with sound lets do it..

lets work together share src i will.. lets get this done i know we can

Ian micheal... it's time to fix all this stuff if i can be a torch to let the spark.. what use is this all//

I will give 110% lets get just this done... after that what cant we do..

If no one helps me im seting up a win xp dev box wil kos 1.1,7 , 1.1.8 ,1.19.. and Bero ,modding of kos so we can re port his ports to normal kos 1.1.9.. i only know up to kos 1.1.9..

Lets work on things get this started..

If you need tool chain how to mod kos to compile bero's stuff etc i can help im still freind's with bero.. and we email still..

lets make 2019 the best homebrew dreamcast year..
ian Micheal

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: who is still an active coder for dreamcast..?

Post#2 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:44 pm

I suggest you post this over at Assembler as well. a LOT more technically inclined Dreamcast fans over there.

https://assemblergames.com/forums/sega- ... search.35/

Also, don't forget, now that you posted the long lost source code for the Marathon Trilogy Bero ported, maybe somebody can help us FINALLY get controller, mouse and save support working. Before we only ever had keyboard support and nothing else. I seriously think that is close to perfect already as it runs 100% full speed and has no graphical issues I could see.

For those who don't know the creators of Halo made this game series. I mean come on, who wouldn't want Bungee's precursor to Halo on the Dreamcast?

Also, maybe somebody could get the online multiplayer working since we can do online homebrew games now.

If anybody who has a DC keyboard wants to give this game a try, you can play it on this PC FPS homebrew compilation for DC.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11255

In fact this has most if not all of Bero's FPS ports on this disc, so if anybody wants to check out the games he is talking about getting more completed give them a go.

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#3 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:04 pm

I'm still around, although it's arguable how "active" I am these days (most of my work now has focused on Sylverant, not directly on things running on a Dreamcast). That said, I am still the lead maintainer of KOS, so that's still on my plate too. Unfortunately, real life has taken away most of my programming time...

Also, the DCEmulation forums are still a thing, just like they were back in the day. The Programming forum there is still quite active, comparatively anyway.

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#4 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:50 pm

It woild be really great if you ppl who knows how to program for the Dreamcast could hook up on some project, finding out who is still active is a good first step :)

Maybe some of you guys even live close to each other and can meet up for some programming. Damn i wish i knew how to program/develop for the dreamcast.

Good luck anyways Mr. Ian.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:29 pm

BlueCrab wrote:I'm still around, although it's arguable how "active" I am these days (most of my work now has focused on Sylverant, not directly on things running on a Dreamcast). That said, I am still the lead maintainer of KOS, so that's still on my plate too. Unfortunately, real life has taken away most of my programming time...

Also, the DCEmulation forums are still a thing, just like they were back in the day. The Programming forum there is still quite active, comparatively anyway.

Well your one of the best it's nice to see you.. i allways respected you ..

Thats a lot of work on kos..

Im ban still on dcemulation .. so i dont vist...\

I deserved it back in the day so i dont ask to be unban..

We all together could do some good things.. is all i was trying to say.. be nice to have us back together

kazade
Developer

Post#6 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:01 am

I'm active! Unfortunately I don't have time to help with the CD audio I'm afraid.

But if you're interested I'm working on a general purpose game engine (https://simulant-engine.appspot.com) and new opengl implementation (https://gitlab.com/simulant/GLdc)

The Simulant Discord chat is super active with indie devs :)

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#7 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:21 pm

I'm not the most expert guy, but I do some stuff for DC using SDL. I need to get some time to study PVR.
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#8 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:04 pm

ive written a thing before

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:50 pm

Mrneo just posted this if you would like to help him out with it? It looks highly promising.

https://assemblergames.com/threads/nuqu ... ake.70660/