NHL 2k2 Online?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

anti
lithium

NHL 2k2 Online?

Post#1 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:49 pm

I've just ordered my USB modem and will be getting my Raspberry Pi setup with Dreampi this weekend. I've been checking out the list of current online games. It appears all of the Sega Sports 2k series games can be played online except for NHL 2k2. Can you play NHL 2k2 online as of right now? I'm really hoping so!!

Sega RPG

Re: NHL 2k2 Online?

Post#2 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:55 pm

Was hoping too but the simple answer is no, all the game have it except for nhl...

Xiden
Developer

Post#3 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:07 pm

Unless your willing to use Parsec :). I think if the DC held on a few months longer we would have had a NHL online version too :(

gamingtrucker1
dark night

Post#4 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:45 pm

I have always felt its hidden in the game.Plays x files music
YouTube@gamingtrucker1
Twitch@gamingtrucker1

Sega RPG

Post#5 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:58 pm

Xiden wrote:Unless your willing to use Parsec :). I think if the DC held on a few months longer we would have had a NHL online version too :(

What is parsec?

anti
lithium

Post#6 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:02 pm

Ah! I was assuming it had online multiplayer. Yeah, there's no way this is going online. Shame!

Xiden
Developer

Post#7 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:56 pm

247 wrote:
Xiden wrote:Unless your willing to use Parsec :). I think if the DC held on a few months longer we would have had a NHL online version too :(

What is parsec?

Its free software designed for gaming that lets you connect remotely to someone else, or vice versa. So for dreamcast games the host pc downloads redream dreamcast emulator and then you have whoever is playing against you connect with parsec:)

Its possible to use real dreamcast hardware too if you have a capture card + Dreamcast to usb cable (a little complicated to setup wiring)

Plus parsec is pretty much lag free, I played bomberman online, gauntlet ledgends, and sonic shufflw with some friends with it :)

Sega RPG

Post#8 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:28 am

Oh fùck, that's really interesting, unfortunately i have none of this, but it's really really nice...

Xiden
Developer

Post#9 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:42 am

247 wrote:Oh fùck, that's really interesting, unfortunately i have none of this, but it's really really nice...

parsec can be installed on a raspberry pi too :)

Sega RPG

Post#10 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:52 am

That would be super cool, you have some instuction on how to do that?