Bleemcast games

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Dreamrush
lithium

Bleemcast games

Post#1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:51 pm

Hi I’m kinda new to Dreamcast , just wondering about bleemcast games , do you need any other software or discs to burn to a disc other then programs like disc juggler, imgburn and alcohol120 , I do however own the Tekken bleemcast disc , not sure if I need that to burn omega boost .
Last edited by Dreamrush on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Bleemcast games

Post#2 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:53 pm

DJ responsible for all my burns

You're good

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:54 pm

If they are the games I posted, you do not. Just burn the things and play. They will say in the title most times if they are .cdi. Just burn as you would any other .cdi unless it is the 3 retails, then those may require special settings and to be burnt on DiscJuggler 6 with cdi files.

Dreamrush
lithium

Post#4 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:03 pm

Is that the same when they are playstation games going to Dreamcast , what is the difference ?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:05 pm

Double resolution

Anti-aliasing

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:12 pm

Hardware rendering(meaning it takes advantage of the Dreamcast PVR graphics processor)
60fps
480p resolution
Anti-Alasing
Bilinear filtering

Umbrella$$Dreamcast
undertow

Post#7 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:16 pm

can i play bleemcast on gdemu?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:24 pm

Sorry for late reply. Currently the only way you can play Bleem games on GDEMU is the Bleem beta games. So Bleemed selfbooting games, Bleemshell or using disc swap loading the boot disc and pressing the disc change button on the ODE.

However, retail Bleem games still do not work. The creator of GDEMU is making an updated firmware that should release in the next month or 2, but this doesn't help the vast majority of GDEMU users who use the clones since we can't upgrade and flash our firmware without breaking the device.

If you want Bleem games on GDEMU, right now Bleemshell is your best bet. It changes D-pad to the analog stick, adds in the L2 and R2 and Select buttons to the D-pad, Left, Right and Up inputs respectively making WAY more games playable. It also adds nice box art to the games and lets you select the games from a nice list.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12026