does any1 have a list of files that are missing from the dcisozone site backup?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SMiTH
Black Mesa

does any1 have a list of files that are missing from the dcisozone site backup?

Post#1 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:37 pm

if there is such a list, i could eventually go through my cd-r's and maybe find missing isos?
keep in mind i would do this when i have time to do so.
in 2009-2010 i downloaded every file in the dreamcast section @ dcisozone.
those .cdi, .nrg, etc were all burnt to cd-r
as for files, tools, apps etc i have that stuff somewhere on a hdd.

let me know.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: does any1 have a list of files that are missing from the dcisozone site backup?

Post#2 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:22 am

Not to be "That guy", but basically everything of meaning was backed up that was irreplaceable except for the Bleem games. ;)

The full homebrew section and the Homebrew apps. The retail stuff we can obviously skip talking about because that stuff will always be made available for many years to come.

What I HOPE you have are all the modded retail games, especially the modded soundtrack mods for MVC2, Crazy Taxi and my personal favorite The Prodigy soundtrack mod of Trickstyle called TrickStyle Enders Music Remix. You can see a link of it here from waybackmachine.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180817050 ... sic-remix/

I think it is pretty obvious you intend to stick around for a while this time, so welcome back buddy. Hope you don't run off for years at a time again lol. I was gone for about a year or 2 and it was eating me up inside. That was due to a dead GDRom drive though, so thanks to GDEMU she is back on the road again.

Edit: Oh crap how can I forget the emulators section fr DC!? Some real gems were lost from over there.

This was a really great one I can't find anywhere.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180816212 ... -new-skin/

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: does any1 have a list of files that are missing from the dcisozone site backup?

Post#3 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:25 am

How much data are we talking here? Can i mail you a few cheap 256gb flash drives for the entire collection?

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#4 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:45 pm

deluxux wrote:How much data are we talking here? Can i mail you a few cheap 256gb flash drives for the entire collection?

anthony stated that there are only a few things missing from the backup.
i will eventually see if i have these 2 isos he is referring to.
this would mean that all of this stuff is publicly available for you to download on the internet. (excluding the bleemcast stuff, and the other 2 isos)
no need to send me a few 256gb flash drives.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:36 pm

I think he means for the Bleem stuff. But even if not, just having everything quickly transferred over and another person having access to a separate complete archive is worth it. Tons of those optimized disc's from DCRes and ReviveDC were completely lost to time. deluxux actually runs a Google spreadsheet here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1508009749

But the stuff that I know was backed up can be found spread out on a few Google Drives and spreadsheets. I will just link you to the public stuff.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10412

But modded retail games or stuff of that nature is for sure not easily found.

Some of those emulators can be found here. Not complete by far though.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... XWWwhpFx1D

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#6 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:23 am

Anthony817 wrote:Tons of those optimized disc's from DCRes and ReviveDC were completely lost to time.

all i have for dcres is a set from the torrent tuxthewise made years ago, it is missing a few games.
and for revivedc... i would love to have all of their releases, but i only have the isos from a spreadsheet that circulated from an old 8ch thread.
more than likely that is the same source of these current spreadsheets?
for that matter id love to have all of YZB, DCCM, MAG94, NO-BS releases.
many others too. (ECHELON, KALISTOS, TALON, RYU, XIOPANG, HOOLIGANS, FamilyGuy, Atreyu)
basically id like to have any and all of them LOL

but is it even worth revisiting all of this due to the fact we now can use gdemu and run .gdi files instead?
seems to be more of a hassle than it is worth to even want to spend all this time with selfboot .cdi files.

Anthony817 wrote:But modded retail games or stuff of that nature is for sure not easily found.

Anthony817 wrote:Some of those emulators can be found here. Not complete by far though.

as for emulators, homebrew, apps, mods, etc i can understand the need for preservation.
the bleemcast games are not going anywhere.
let me figure out what to do.
honestly i dont want to spend hours ripping and uploading them all.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:48 am

SMiTH wrote:but is it even worth revisiting all of this due to the fact we now can use gdemu and run .gdi files instead?
seems to be more of a hassle than it is worth to even want to spend all this time with selfboot .cdi files.

If it weren't for the vast majority of DC users still playing from backups then I would say no, but since the stuff that was made still needs to be playable for those people I say yes. Obviously the more hard core guys will all be running from GDEMU devices most likely within the next few years.

I do have something VERY cool though. Remember your Shenmue 2 English Speech mod? Well, somebody did the same thing you did with it and copied untouched Xbox audio over to the DC game and made a lossless version. It is the best version of your mod possible, and I think it is really worth checking out if and when you get a GDEMU.

https://mega.nz/#!HNETzDgQ!E_hoqpOIUNNX ... FBVKRNu7HQ

Is that something you plan on eventually getting?

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#8 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:52 am

of course id recommend playing it this way since no speech is downsampled.
i plan on buying a gdemu clone soon.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:06 am

Cool, I own a clone too and couldn't be happier with mine. Obviously you shouldn't try updating the firmware as it will brick it becasue that is just the nature of clones. They run custom firmware different than official to run from slightly different hardware. But the only real thing they can't run atm is the retail bleems, but those have crazy protection anyways that just makes impossible to run without either a firmware update, or full removal of protections.

Thankfully JC is going too eventually remove all protections and hopefully Bleemshell will integrate all 4 emulator builds in one menu for increased compatibility. But I am obviously preaching to the choir here.

Anyways, other than that it is really pretty much the same experience as the official GDEMU. And with SD cards getting larger and larger as well as coming way down in price, it will only get better in the future as we get multiple high capacity cards we can have them with different libraries and menus on them. One for official retails, one for Bleems, one for Indies and homebrew, and one for Neo Geo games. I mean the list goes on.

Only real downside to it is no write functionality built into it, and no way to have deep customizable menus with different directories. Like no way for homebrew section and stuff unless you put them all after or before retail games and organize like that. But we can have customizable menus, unlike how USB-GDROM is stuck on an archaic 8 bit simple text menu.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#10 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:15 pm

i went through all my backups and tossed about 80 percent of them.
i only kept the homebrew stuff, dcres, revivedc, yzb, mag94..
no need for old backups when i plan on using a gdemu and gdi files.

anthony, it turns out that i did not have that trickstyle mod that you were looking for.
and i think that the nesterdcse you are looking for is available to d/l elsewhere..
i will try and find the link for ya.