Good reliable memory card that holds lots of storage?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Re: Good reliable memory card that holds lots of storage?

Post#11 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:14 pm

Might be last question for now, but if i format a VMU for Bleemcast can i do it after freeing up the 40 blocks with Dream Explorer?

Also if i want to re—purpose that VMU, i can reformat it again to be used for gamesaves or nah once it’s bleemcast, it cant be reverted to stock (even losing what son there, of course)

I have two VMUs, going to unlock space on one VMU and add the Shenmue game save over, and then use the other one just for MGS for a bit is my plan

Also looks like ‘vmu Tool’ uses 8blocks. Can i delete that or is that needed for the 41 freed up blocks?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:03 pm

First question is interesting no don't have answer for but if you're cautious you won't waste blocks and just keep overwriting the one save per title ^.^

There is just Metal Gear Integral (when you apply xdelta patches to stop its libcrypt protection) Metal Gear VR Gran Turismo 2 and Tekken 3 that are able to save so that's seven blocks you'll need (and screw replay saving anywho but I mean if ye've enough VMUs)

Yessir of course VMUs can re-format in the BIOS

Dream Explorer AKA VMU Tool doesn't need your blocks, I say nuke it, also the 3D BIOS toggle I forget what it is maybe a couple blocks get aten and can reside in any slot and does its thing
Last edited by mistamontiel on Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:03 pm

You can definitely reformat the VMU or mem card after it was used for Bleem, so not a one time thing. But as far as unlocking the 44 blocks and then formatting for bleem, don't know if I did that with mine. M y saves date back too 2009, so same card for bleem since them but should work. But I don;t know if did the extra blocks or not first.

After you do what you want with the VMU you can remove that save too yep.