DreamPi Desktop

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Re: [Release] DreamPi Companion | 1.3 Released! (AUG/28/19)

Post#111 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:48 am

Windows9X wrote:
DarkSynbios wrote:Hello Windows9X, Thanks for your nice DreamPi app! I start using from today and looks nice ;)
I am Mac user and I have a small issue with application. When I try to open it I get a message for crash and reopen the application. But if I go to packages contents and choose Dreampi companion it works normally.

What version of MacOS are you using? Is it MacOS or OS X? Sierra+ requires all applications to be verified in security settings if it's not downloaded from app store. It's possible you're on a version higher than Sierra which i haven't tested.

Please let me know the specifics; I've only tested on El Capitan.

I'm thinking about making a 32bit version for older OS X, as well.

Yes i’m on MacOS Mojave version. Also i found the resolution screen on app a bit low like 640x480. That is normal?

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#112 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:51 pm

DarkSynbios wrote:
Windows9X wrote:
DarkSynbios wrote:Hello Windows9X, Thanks for your nice DreamPi app! I start using from today and looks nice ;)
I am Mac user and I have a small issue with application. When I try to open it I get a message for crash and reopen the application. But if I go to packages contents and choose Dreampi companion it works normally.

What version of MacOS are you using? Is it MacOS or OS X? Sierra+ requires all applications to be verified in security settings if it's not downloaded from app store. It's possible you're on a version higher than Sierra which i haven't tested.

Please let me know the specifics; I've only tested on El Capitan.

I'm thinking about making a 32bit version for older OS X, as well.

Yes i’m on MacOS Mojave version. Also i found the resolution screen on app a bit low like 640x480. That is normal?

DreamPi Companion is 800x600 resolution at all times. MacOS Mojave is untested; I hate that operating system and i downgraded back to EL Capitan. The mac version is compiled on EL Capitan with the latest MacOS framework(s), so it should be compatible. It's 64 bit, which Mojave requires too. You say the application works though package contents, which is the main executable and not the bundle icon; That's extremely weird but it works at least. MacOS EL Cap and Mojave .APPs are identical in terms of file structure and .PLIST, so i'm not sure...
Author of original DreamPi Companion..

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#113 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:23 am

Hello, everyone!

Just a heads up that 1.3 patch 1 will be releasing shortly on Windows, Macintosh 64 and Linux 64.

I've added the patch notes to the top of the thread. Some really good stuff, this time.

Sega RPG

Re: [Release] DreamPi Companion | 1.3.1 released! (SEPT/2/19)

Post#114 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:21 pm

tried, very nice update i should say...seems more responsive now...

Sega RPG

Post#115 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:31 pm

mmm tried to search for mechanic, it does shows up in the suggestions but it's then not available...you shopuld try...

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#116 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:25 am

247 wrote:mmm tried to search for mechanic, it does shows up in the suggestions but it's then not available...you shopuld try...

What exactly did you search for? I tried 50 different names on all 3 platforms with success everytime. CaSe sensitivity.

Also, each search suggestion has some quotes around it ( ' ); This is to help with spelling.

Some users, like 'Exo ' and 'Adrian ' have spaces at the end of there names for whatever reason. You've gotta pay attention to this, so i added those quotes. Their names are still annoying, tho.

Sega RPG

Post#117 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:38 am

Well suggestion says "MECHANIC" so searched for that, and even for Mechanic and mechanic

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#118 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:59 am

247 wrote:Well suggestion says "MECHANIC" so searched for that, and even for Mechanic and mechanic

This is why i went ahead and included quotes around suggestions; I see it's handy now.

Take a look at the end of their username; There's a space.

So, search for 'MECHANIC '. :D

Sega RPG

Post#119 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:31 am

Ah damn mech xD well maybe a search for similar usernames would be nice then , if doable...

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#120 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:42 am

247 wrote:Ah damn mech xD well maybe a search for similar usernames would be nice then , if doable...

I might add a check that sees if the username with/without a stupid space exists; Would make things less of a pain.