SLaVE

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: SLaVE

Post#291 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:51 pm

Can I take this time to interest everyone in a a free game/engine?

nuQuake is 100% free and had binary releases since day 1.

It's a mostly compatible, fairly well performing quake 1 engine running in beautiful 640x480 VGA.

Loads most mods and generally hangs around 30fps, supports controller and keyboard+mice, as well as all the stuff you'd expect.

And! If something doesn't work, just let me know and I'll see about fixing or adding it.

Also, Corbin does care about the game, but I'm not sure why this issue has taken over a year and a half to find.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#292 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:25 am

mrneo240 wrote:
Also, Corbin does care about the game, but I'm not sure why this issue has taken over a year and a half to find.

I'm not questioning if Corbin cares about the game. I'd assume she does as she has been working on it for probably about a decade.
However, she does not seem to care enough about the people who gave her money to communicate to them about whats going on. There are many talented people in the Dreamcast community who would be willing to help her figure out "that one final bug." And rather than ask for help, she just pops in here once a year to say the game is just ready for release in the next month or two. Heck I seem to remember the post about how the special Limited Edition coin was going out to be pressed - which I am just going to assume was an outright lie at this point too.

Goatstore, do you have anything to add to this? I dont blame you, as you invested in this project in good faith and have always offered refunds. But does Corbin say anthing to you about the status of this ever, or just radio silence for you too?

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#293 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Refund requested. If it ever sees release(I doubt it) I will buy it then.

Roel
Developer

Post#294 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:46 pm

Nico0020 wrote:There are many talented people in the Dreamcast community who would be willing to help her figure out "that one final bug." And rather than ask for help, she just pops in here once a year to say the game is just ready for release in the next month or two.

To be fair, at one point I was asked to help. I agreed to, but then it still took a very long time before I received some source code. However, they neglected to provide any information about the bug (and I did ask). So I decided I had more important things to do than to sift through thousands of lines of someone else's code without knowing what to look for.

That was years ago now.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#295 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:10 am

Khan, please let us know if that refund comes through. I feel bad for Goat Store, but this is ridiculous. The only reason I kept my preorder is because it's the limited limted edition, but this might not be worth it.

Roel, that is frustrating. I just don't understand some of these devs. It doesn't take much time to send out a quick update, even if it is just to say they're still working on it. Send it out while on the toilet or something.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#296 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:14 pm

I e-mailed Thegoatstore back in July asking if they had any update about the game, as the last email they sent out was in Aug 2018. Their final email talked about Dan becoming a full time goat store employee and that he would better have the time to keep people updated about the game. I still havent recieved a reply from them, just an automated acknowledgement. This whole thing is just a mess.

Roel wrote:
To be fair, at one point I was asked to help. I agreed to, but then it still took a very long time before I received some source code. However, they neglected to provide any information about the bug (and I did ask). So I decided I had more important things to do than to sift through thousands of lines of someone else's code without knowing what to look for.

That was years ago now.

Yea that about sums up the whole thing. What a joke.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#297 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:20 pm

Yeah, I heard that goat store is good for refunds. I will wait a bit and then see if they have a facebook page to pm them. I also must order a copy of intrepid izzy in a few weeks. It looks very nice

Roel
Developer

Post#298 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:23 am

Wrath of Khan wrote:I also must order a copy of intrepid izzy in a few weeks. It looks very nice

I must set up a store then! I've been planning to do that for ages, but I keep spending all my time on development instead. :?

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#299 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:57 pm

Roel wrote:
Wrath of Khan wrote:I also must order a copy of intrepid izzy in a few weeks. It looks very nice

I must set up a store then! I've been planning to do that for ages, but I keep spending all my time on development instead. :?

Cool. Yes- set up a store when you have time. I will get a copy when the games done. Definitely. That other dc game - soldier shooter thingy i backed on kickstarter looks ace too- forgotten the name lol.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#300 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:14 am

Wrath of Khan wrote:That other dc game - soldier shooter thingy i backed on kickstarter looks ace too- forgotten the name lol.

Sabr Rider? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Return to “New Games”