Hosting an Event we call Sega Night: Looking for Participants

Schedule a time to play Dreamcast games online here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Forum rules
Post your Time Zone when scheduling for games. Use this map for reference: Time Zone Map
WorldlyBoar
shadow

Re: Hosting an Event we call Sega Night: Looking for Participants

Post#11 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:32 pm

poopidoop wrote:well playing online with all 4 will be a problem. youll only get one dreamcast online there unless you have a seperate ip for each, using more than 1 dreampi on a router wont work because the ip scheme will be the same, itll just try to look for a .98 and they all have it. there are some games that let you use more than one controller online on a system though off the top of my head chu chu rocket and i think 4x4

Whoa are you saying that Quake III only supports 1 local player while online? I've never been online with the Dreamcast.

If we end up just playing a bunch of Chu Chu Rocket, I am down for that, we could trade off I guess as well. I'll do some more research on games and local player support, guess there's a lot I didn't consider.

Thanks for all the help!

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#12 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:35 pm

q3 supports online multiplayer, but not more than 1 person on the console when youre doing that. if you want to play local you gotta split screen.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#13 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:38 pm

As far as games that support more than 1 local player when playing online, there's 4x4 Evo, ChuChu Rocket!, Ooga Booga, Worms World Party, and all the NFL & NBA games.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

WorldlyBoar
shadow

Post#14 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:49 pm

Got it, thank you! Saves me from research :)

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#15 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:02 pm

i would also say set up ur dreampi wherever you plan to play and get some testing done to make sure you got it working. sometimes things go wrong from the user side i.e. you miss a step or punch a number in wrong somewhere. save yourself some time and aggravation when your friends are watching you fail lol ;)

WorldlyBoar
shadow

Post#16 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:18 pm

HAHAHA I should have everything by the end of the week so I'll have a solid month to test. I was concerned about this too! One of the main reasons I am on here and getting myself involved with the Online Community.

That and I can't wait to play Quake and PSO with folks.

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#17 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:42 pm

i dont think it would be a problem if you take it to someone elses house, but youll have to set up dmz on or port forwarding on their router also and not all routers are super friendly with this stuff

schmidtee
rebel

Post#18 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:43 am

if you can play a few games with are uk time zone friendly I will totally join in? ensure its before the PSO time as I plan to play that more Saturdays!

Sega RPG

Post#19 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:03 pm

i add nba that let you play 2 vs 2 online, meaning 2 locals and another 2 locals agains each other online :)

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#20 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:39 pm

All good info
Regards,
Bob Dobbs