Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: Bleemcast conspiracy *disclaimer tin foil necessary*

Post#61 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:31 pm

i wish darc would respond to what i posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12161&start=40#p122520

i would add that i still think the leak was intentional, and the 5 color dc story is starting to seem more like bullshit once again.
:)

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#62 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:45 pm

megavolt85 wrote:dreamshell can read/write raw dump vmu

can someone test a bleemcast save with dreamshell?

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#63 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:05 am

I compared the original ip.bin's from the bleem betas (ALL COLORS) to the ip.bin from the cracked bleem beta.
There are many differences in the hex code between the two ip.bin's
But, I think that I might have found the custom code that was used to lock the dreamcast to a specific beta?
I could be wrong here...

The file size of the original bleem beta ip.bin is 37,376 bytes.
The file size of the cracked bleem beta ip.bin is 32,768 bytes.
This means that there is custom code added.
The original ip.bin's are the same for each color beta.
Attachments
b!c beta ip.bins.rar
(19.61 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Last edited by SMiTH on Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#64 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:45 am

SMiTH wrote:The file size of the original bleem beta ip.bin is 37,376 bytes.

You have a damaged IP.BIN
IP.BIN these are the first 16 sectors of the session
16*2048=32768
Cannot be different

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#65 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:14 pm

megavolt85 wrote:You have a damaged IP.BIN
IP.BIN these are the first 16 sectors of the session
16*2048=32768
Cannot be different

So this means that the extra code is a red herring.
I tested the original ip.bin and it never worked.

|darc|
lithium

Post#66 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:13 am

The IP.BIN size difference is not from “added code” it’s just in a different format.

IP.BIN is usually 32 kilobytes, or 16 CD sectors at 2048 bytes each. If you extracted the raw sectors on a mastered disc with error correction data included you get 16 sectors at 2352 bytes each or roughly 37 kilobytes.

It’s just the IP.BIN with error correction. Of course it wouldn’t work if you used it in place of a regular IP.BIN because you’re feeding CD-ROM CRC data to your CPU as code.

|darc|
lithium

Post#67 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:19 am

By the way, you can’t save or interact with bleemcast saves at all because bleemcast formats the DC VMU in the PlayStation filesystem format. There are no VMI files because it’s no longer a Dreamcast filesystem. That’s why you have to format the entire VMU in order to save bleemcast games.

In order to backup bleemcast saves you would need to use DreamShell to make an entire VMU image dump of the PlayStation filesystem and data. You couldn’t interact with the individual PSX save blocks either, just entire men card dumps.

|darc|
lithium

Post#68 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:23 am

SMiTH wrote:i wish darc would respond to what i posted here:

i would add that i still think the leak was intentional, and the 5 color dc story is starting to seem more like bullshit once again.

I hadn’t responded because you’re just reposting stuff that’s already proven wrong. You’re just posting baseless speculation and I can’t do anything about that. Knock yourself out lol

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#69 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:00 am

|darc| wrote:
SMiTH wrote:i wish darc would respond to what i posted here:

I hadn’t responded because you’re just reposting stuff that’s already proven wrong. You’re just posting baseless speculation and I can’t do anything about that. Knock yourself out lol

Where is the proof?
All we have is hearsay about 5 color dc's locked to 5 color beta bleem binaries dating back to 2003.
Until all 5 color bleem betas are cracked and uploaded on the web, and the custom dc lock code that is allegedly in the binaries is shown.
Nothing has been proven yet.
And simply copying the cracked blue beta 5 times, and claiming "look they are all the same" doesn't count.
We need proof as to how the files were encrypted, what protection is used, what is the custom code used to lock the dc, how they were cracked..all of it.

Thank you for responding.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#70 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:36 am

For as long as I remember, it was planned to release five versions of bleemcast, each version had to run a certain set of games
To beta versions the number five has no relation