Hello Dreamcast Community

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

jason8802
rebel

Hello Dreamcast Community

Post#1 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:19 pm

Hi fellow Dreamcast enthusiast. I'm new to the online scene here and look forward to playing some games online. Im down for whatever (2k sports titles and unreal being top billing for me). Hit me up! I'm available weeknights 5-9pm and open availability weekends.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: Hello Dreamcast Community

Post#2 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:35 pm

Welcome to the Homepage of the Dreamcast!

Sadly unreal is no longer online. But many other great games are.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:55 pm

Howdy! I REALLY need to get my wifi adapter from my mom so I can get my Dreampi back up and running. I use the $5 Pi Zero with no Wifi or Bluetooth. I keep telling her to get a 99 cent wifi adapter but she never does. I am tempted to just buy another and let her have it lol.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#4 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:54 am

Welcome.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Sega RPG

Post#5 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:11 am

Welcome mate :)

jason8802
rebel

Post#6 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:55 pm

Bummer about unreal. Is it possible to get it running? Hows it going 247, Bob, and Deluxux. I have some free time this weekend if anyone is interested in playing. Hit me up with some games and times.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#7 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:46 pm

Lots of smart people are working on it. You can see here the list of games. https://www.dreamcastlive.net/games

My favorites are 4x4 Evo , Alien Front Online, Quake 3, Maximum Pool, Worms and Monaco.

Post in the chatbox on the front page to find people to play.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:02 pm

Anything is possible. The majority of DC games have now been brought back online. Shuouma has been looking at getting all games online, but some have special server backends/software that has to be either found first, or reverse engineered.

Only 6 games remain that have yet to get online multiplayer restored. You can see the list of games that have successfully been brought back online above deluxux posted. More and more come back online every year.

I believe the main issue preventing Unreal from being brought back online is due to how it used some pretty custom server software from what I remember.