New User, Hola!

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

3xC4l1bUr
shadow

New User, Hola!

Post#1 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:23 pm

New user here on the boards, hoping to relive the glory days of Dreamcast online! Planning on saving up and purchasing a Dreamcast, some games and a DreamPi kit in the near future (Sold my old one years ago ;-;) Already have a Crossniq+ themed VMU I bought back during black friday (Pic's related). Hopefully I'll find some cool dudes/dudette's here! 8-)
Attachments
20200205_192026.jpg
20200205_192036.jpg
E.X. 8-)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: New User, Hola!

Post#2 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:59 pm

Welcome to the best dreamcast forum :) were all helpful and freindly :)

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#3 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:09 pm

Welcome to the homepage of the dreamcast!

Sega RPG

Post#4 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:06 am

Welcome :)

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#5 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:35 am

welcome, consider looking into a GDEMU clone. if you havent heard of it; the GDEMU is a optical drive replacement thats as simple to install as removing a couple screws and the gdrom drive and plugging this into its place.

3xC4l1bUr
shadow

Post#6 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:13 pm

poopidoop wrote:welcome, consider looking into a GDEMU clone. if you havent heard of it; the GDEMU is a optical drive replacement thats as simple to install as removing a couple screws and the gdrom drive and plugging this into its place.

Is it necessary to get when I buy my dreamcast and install immediately or can I just get one whenever?
E.X. 8-)

Sega RPG

Post#7 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:05 pm

When you want it, unless you want to preserve your laser...

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#8 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:19 pm

3xC4l1bUr wrote:
poopidoop wrote:welcome, consider looking into a GDEMU clone. if you havent heard of it; the GDEMU is a optical drive replacement thats as simple to install as removing a couple screws and the gdrom drive and plugging this into its place.

Is it necessary to get when I buy my dreamcast and install immediately or can I just get one whenever?

its not necessary to ever get it, only if you want one. i for one use it because i dont want to mess with burning discs, shitty or old discs giving me problems, scratching up my real copies, the load speeds are amazing, and i just load every game i want on an sd card for ease of use.

if youre a purist then this isnt for you, but its a great little mod that changes nothing on your dreamcast that cant be easily reverted and without damaging anything at all.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#9 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:19 am

Welcome!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

tralfamadorian
noob

Post#10 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:25 pm

I just found one at a yard sale, of all places. No saving up needed!