Hi there !

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

CrashMidnick
blackout!

Hi there !

Post#1 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:38 am

Hello my fellow Dreamcast gamers,

I came here because I was looking for some Dreamcast games and homebrews but reading posts here and there, I discovered a very nice Dreamcast community. So I decided to stay :)

Well, I began my computer and video game life with an Amstrad CPC 6128, then I moved on Amiga 500/1200 and other computers and consoles (SNES, Mega Drive, Saturn, N64) until I saw for the first time the DC in action. What an amazing device back in the day so I bought one. This is the only console (as well as my favorite computer, the Amiga) I own that I switch on every weeks since 2000, it always stays plugged.

I hope to speak to you soon.

Cheers.

MrBlueSky
fire

Re: Hi there !

Post#2 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:56 am

Salut CrashMidnick !
And welcome to DC-Talk. Happy to see some Amstrad CPC love on this forum. I'm currently using the CTM 664 as RBG Monitor for my Dreamcast. Works great and has a nice 50/60Hz switch feature ;)

Are you also playing with your DC online?

A nice little Amstrad Monitor for some PSO
Dreamcast Now: The Blues Brothers

CrashMidnick
blackout!

Post#3 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:29 pm

Thanks for your kind words. Yes the Amstrad CPC was a good computer, I fire it up sometimes but my CTM has got sound problems, I need to find the right position with the adjustment wheel or I have some kind of crackling. You did the SCART mod to plug your DC ?

A the moment I am not going online, just bought a house and some works need to be done before bying a RPI :( I used to play Quake III when SEGA network was still online. Good times.

MrBlueSky
fire

Post#4 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:55 am

CrashMidnick wrote:my CTM has got sound problems, I need to find the right position with the adjustment wheel or I have some kind of crackling. You did the SCART mod to plug your DC ?

Yes I made a custom cable but I also had to "clean" the sync signal coming from the DC (with a sync stripper on pin 10) and to make sure the shielding of the cable was connected to the ground.

CrashMidnick wrote:A the moment I am not going online, just bought a house and some works need to be done before bying a RPI :( I used to play Quake III when SEGA network was still online. Good times.

Lots of DC-talk members still play Quake III every Friday. Hope you can join soon.
Dreamcast Now: The Blues Brothers

Return to “New Member Introduction”