Forgot where I burned this copy of PSO but this difficulty spike is insane

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
tenchi ryu
dark night

Forgot where I burned this copy of PSO but this difficulty spike is insane

Post#1 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:23 am

I found a burned copy of PSO laying around and decided to see why I'd burn it....and from 1 step into Ultimate Caves this is clearly some type of enhanced version of the game...One hit from the first monster tore me up

I remember that Ultimate can be a challenge, but I'm doing 0 damage with a Red Handgun and Ancient Sword so this is some next level difficulty...any idea who's release this could be?

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Re: Forgot where I burned this copy of PSO but this difficulty spike is insane

Post#2 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:20 am

That's Ives enhancement pack. I wouldn't touch that until you are well over 100. It has fixed drop tables among other things like force balance changes, but it's really for the post lvl 120 people. Burn a regular copy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Forgot where I burned this copy of PSO but this difficulty spike is insane

Post#3 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:54 am

I agree. I use a PALv2 GD-ROM and I could only do damage if I was S/D'd by a mega magic user when I was under level 120.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs