Help Please DC logo

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

supernole75
shadow

Help Please DC logo

Post#1 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:35 pm

I replaced my original DC shell with a smoke black translucent shell. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement logo? I'm looking for a black with red or blue swirl. Thanks in advance

wanos463
rebel

Re: Help Please DC logo

Post#2 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:14 pm

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#3 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:27 pm

That's a decent looking logo. I'm going to have to get one for my painted dreamcast.

supernole75
shadow

Post#4 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:34 pm

Thanks. I bought those and the quality is not quite what I'm looking for. I wanted something very close to the material use in the original DC logo.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:40 pm

Just pop the original one off the old shell you had before with a thin razor blade or thin knife and apply a VERY THIN layer of super glue to the back side of it. When I painted mine black, I simply popped the label off and then stuck it back on. No need for any adhesive really even it stuck back on great. Granted I did this in the summer of last year so the heat might have played a role in how well the adhesive stuck to the console with a layer of fresh paint on it. Still looks great to this day and never came off even once.

supernole75
shadow

Post#7 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:22 pm

I am looking for a black logo to match the black case.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:22 am

Ah ok gotcha. I would look online for a damaged Sega Sports DC, or just the shell to source one from. I hate to suggest it because they are nice systems, but way more plentiful than other black systems. People sell those shells on eBay from time to time, although I believe you don't want to spend so much for just the decal. You will not find another one any other way as people don't EVER list just the decals. Not in all the past 20 years of eBay have I ever seen a listing with those decals only that were from the original consoles.Not to mention 3rd party ones made to the same quality standards.

supernole75
shadow

Post#9 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:31 am

Anthony817 wrote:Ah ok gotcha. I would look online for a damaged Sega Sports DC, or just the shell to source one from. I hate to suggest it because they are nice systems, but way more plentiful than other black systems. People sell those shells on eBay from time to time, although I believe you don't want to spend so much for just the decal. You will not find another one any other way as people don't EVER list just the decals. Not in all the past 20 years of eBay have I ever seen a listing with those decals only that were from the original consoles.Not to mention 3rd party ones made to the same quality standards.

Yeah, Ive been looking for about 6 months. The eBay seller that has the clear cases told me he would sell me 2 decals but shipping to the US would be expensive considering how small the decals are, but when I told him I didn't care I would pay whatever the cost, he never responded back.........

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:14 am

Well, shit... That sucks dude. Not sure what else to suggest here really if you have been trying for that long.