DREAM NEO CD V3 METAL SLUG BETA TEST PUBLIC

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: DREAM NEO CD V3 METAL SLUG BETA TEST PUBLIC

Post#11 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:19 am

With cdda at now it's not possible, hope with the next update of dreamshell loader 0.7.x cdda version @megavolt85 as start to working for.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#12 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:28 am

Ian, this is phenomenal - you have made so much progress on this. I am currently abroad working so unfortunately can't test this out.

Its amazing that you have Viewpoint working full speed as that game crashes at points on NEO4ALL and was the game I most wanted to play!

Amazing project. Im glad I am here to see it progress.

Thanks for all your work.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:44 am

fafadou wrote:Doesn't boot with dreamshell....
I have to repack it.

main emulator bin is v2 it is not scrambled to repack it you need to use boot dreams make a mdf mount it then rip it with Discjuggler to a cdi

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:46 am

Anonymouse wrote:Ian, this is phenomenal - you have made so much progress on this. I am currently abroad working so unfortunately can't test this out.

Its amazing that you have Viewpoint working full speed as that game crashes at points on NEO4ALL and was the game I most wanted to play!

Amazing project. Im glad I am here to see it progress.

Thanks for all your work.

Yes one of my fav games I got a lot of info from neoraine and neogeo dev docs It's a little to fast but it kinda makes it harder so might have to slow it down ..

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#15 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:15 am

Really cool! Great job Ian.
Out of curiosity does this build support saving high scores?

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#16 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:39 am

Am I right in assuming that Dream NEO CD can play genuine NEO GEO CD discs? If this is the true then this alone is a MAJOR advantage over NEO4ALL. I only own Sega consoles and prefer genuine copies of games so this would open up another gaming catalogue to explore!
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:19 am

Anonymouse wrote:Am I right in assuming that Dream NEO CD can play genuine NEO GEO CD discs? If this is the true then this alone is a MAJOR advantage over NEO4ALL. I only own Sega consoles and prefer genuine copies of games so this would open up another gaming catalogue to explore!

Yes it can play real disks when i first ported it i only used real disks .. Still a long way to go before it can play all games.. Geting there..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#18 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:27 am

Wombat wrote:Really cool! Great job Ian.
Out of curiosity does this build support saving high scores?

Yes it does support saving high scores and levels in metal slug 1 you just go in join the army save it then it record your progress as you go..

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#19 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:10 am

Awesome! I’m going to take this build for a test drive

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#20 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:16 am

Wombat wrote:Awesome! I’m going to take this build for a test drive

just remember it's not final but very use-able at the moment :) .. I have since this build optimizing the pvr store ques and now have butter smooth to go along with the speed of this test build things are looking up :)