Can't adjust DMZ

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ragdoll0125
fire

Re: Can't adjust DMZ

Post#11 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:40 pm

Again, messing with it Blind but here is another option Image

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ragdoll0125
fire

Post#12 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:58 pm

Sorry, last picture. This is of the whole page
Screenshot_20200322-215705_Chrome.jpg

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#13 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:38 pm

Looks like you found the pages you needed. All you should need to set is the DMZ. Get rid of any port forwarding rules. The dreamcast will most likely get an IP address of 192.168.1.98 (based on the partial bit you've shown) and should be entered as the DMZ host.

You can verify that by taking the dreamcast online with quake 3. Another option while the dreamcast is online, open a command prompt on your PC (windows key, cmd, enter) and type: ping 192.168.1.98. You should get a response and the time in ms will be something around 100ms.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

ragdoll0125
fire

Post#14 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:48 pm

It doesn't let me manually input the Dreamcast I have to select from the drop down Image

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#15 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:52 pm

Get the dreamcast online and while it's online, refresh that page and see if it shows up as an option. If not, you'll have to enter port forwards manually since it looks like it can be done by IP address on your router.

https://www.dreamcastlive.net/connection-guide
Scroll down to the port forwarding section. It will take some time, but you'll only have to do it once.

ragdoll0125
fire

Post#16 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:58 pm

So if Alien Front Online: UDP 7980

What do I put here? I'm sorry for all the questions. I honestly don't know what I'm doing Image

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#17 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:12 pm

Have you tried to see if your dreamcast shows up as a host while it's online?

service name: can be anything you want to call it
protocol: change protocol to UDP
Port: 7980
Check box for same as incoming port
Forward to port: leave blank, should grey out after ticking check box
Select a Host: not sure here what all the options are here. You may have to get your dreamcast online for it to show up. If it's really restricting by active devices, that's kind of dumb IMO.
Locate device by: IP address (does this let you enter an IP address anywhere?)

ragdoll0125
fire

Post#18 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:47 am

Unfortunately, I think I'm at the point of just giving up.

I tried all the following set ups and no dice. I reset/rebooted after each change. Unfortunately, the network only picks up the DreamPi and not the dreamcast. I also cannot manually put in an IP address.

Thanks again, man. I'm just going to have to stick to quake, because I'm at the point of blowing a gasket ImageImageImageImageImage

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#19 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:53 am

The last thing I can think of, since your router has that hostname restriction:
Try changing your PC to a static IP address of 192.168.1.98 and see if that gets picked up by the router (may have to reboot router after you change it). Set port forwards to that host, but select "locate device by IP address." Apply the changes. Switch the PC back to dynamic IP address and see if the settings stick in the router.

It might trick the router into forwarding to the dreamcast. I feel your pain. I hate when things that should be easy aren't. Your router sure isn't making things easy.

A few ways to change to static IP: https://www.google.com/amp/s/pureinfote ... ws-10/amp/

Xiden
Developer

Post#20 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:05 pm

ragdoll0125 wrote:I managed to reach this page please advise. I have no idea what to doImageImage

Are you able to manually enter a ip address? If so type in 192.168.1.98 in the dmz

If you cannot enter a ip... then connect to the internet or any game server with your dreamcast using dreampi of course.
Go back to your router and look through the drop down list for an IP that matches 192.168.1.98 or ones that ends in 98

Save changes and u should be good

Return to “Support”