Can't adjust DMZ

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ragdoll0125
fire

Re: Can't adjust DMZ

Post#21 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:07 pm

Thank you, guys. I'll definitely try these suggestions out tomorrow or Wednesday. After the incredibly long day I just had I dont want to karate chop my router out the window :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#22 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:25 am

Me neither me tambien xD

Looking forward to tanking ourselves to the death!!

ragdoll0125
fire

Post#23 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:08 pm

HOLY CRAP IT WORKS! You're a genius, the internet messiah, a national treasure, Sega Rpg fan. Your static IP trick worked!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#24 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:10 pm

Glad you got it working! I'm no genius, just have faught many hours trying to outsmart "smart" technology ;)
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#25 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:18 am

Cool!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

moi
blackout!

Post#26 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:39 pm

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:The last thing I can think of, since your router has that hostname restriction:
Try changing your PC to a static IP address of 192.168.1.98 and see if that gets picked up by the router (may have to reboot router after you change it). Set port forwards to that host, but select "locate device by IP address." Apply the changes. Switch the PC back to dynamic IP address and see if the settings stick in the router.

It might trick the router into forwarding to the dreamcast. I feel your pain. I hate when things that should be easy aren't. Your router sure isn't making things easy.

A few ways to change to static IP: https://www.google.com/amp/s/pureinfote ... ws-10/amp/

Can confirm this method working!

Return to “Support”