Metal slug Dreamneo SE 1.0v Best build Update now with video proof

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Metal slug Dreamneo SE 1.0v Best build Update now with video proof

Post#1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Here we have the build i promised for metal slug games and kof games Lot of others.
It has a complete new timing code for sound and video. it's not the same it has many timings and changes to get smooth framerate.. this will also work with any game that's jerky or slow on dreamneo v1.0 rc1 which is an all around build.. like the old days with my SIngle game arcade builds i did i can target games with dreamneo to work better for each game this is a new version targeting games that dont run well on the other.. normal build version... yes there is still slowdown but there is also very smooth scrolling compared with the normal build :) hope you enjoy it .. there's nothing to stop this build loading any other game if you dont want autoframeskip or auto speed limt.. this is the build for you run's the fastest it can all the time..

I cant do a video since i cant capture 60fps 30fps makes it skip.. if anyone can test it make 60fps capture please do pretty please lol

I also have ported sh4 asm fame core to it so a test build of that i will release as well.. problem with that is dont load all that many games.. i guess if want compare very fast c to sh4 asm it be a good thing.. this using very fast C

Cdi boot disk need real game or burned backup to swap in
Dreamneo v10 bootdisk metalslugcdi.rar
(7.73 MiB) Downloaded 475 times

Plainfiles for cdr gdemu for selfboot included iso on same disk
Dreamneo v1.0 bootdisk metalslugp[plainfiles].rar
(6.44 MiB) Downloaded 444 times

Plainfiles for SD dreamshell for dreamshell isos
Dreamneo v1.0metalslug Dreamshell.rar
(1021.5 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
Attachments
Dreamneo v1.0 bootdisk metalslugp[plainfiles].rar
(6.44 MiB) Downloaded 391 times
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Metal slug Dreamneo SE 1.0v Best build

Post#2 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:31 pm

Here is a camera i have very good for it's time very old but over heats

At lest you can see smooth scrolling doing metal slug 1 video now as well the problem is it's in wierd uncompressed format.. hard to work with with big files sizes.. take forever to render then i have to convert it to mp4 but i did it want to show smooth scrolling dang soooon..

metal slug smooth scrolling for gdemu and cdr and sd card dreamshell 8 channel sound mixing vs neo4all 5 channel

old version

huge change from old neogeo cd sdl 1.2 :)

Check sound Improvement from last version too next optimizing for loop for sound.. gcc is supposed to do this i guess not
Unrolling loops is said to do nothing on dreamcast.. well it saves branches that's were the speed comes in
top video unrolled for loops 1.05 bottom non unrolled for loops for sound 1.22 check the change lol massive

Aero fighters 2

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Metal slug Dreamneo SE 1.0v Best build Update now with video proof

Post#4 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:06 am

Amazing job !!

I don't know the neogeo cd game list but in wish of neogeo games I have in mind :

sidekick 1, 2 and 3 (with neo4all there is some issues)
ganryu
breakers revenge
all metal slug series of course

Thanks for building it for dreamshell in particular be sure it's really appreciate :-)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:52 am

fafadou wrote:Amazing job !!

I don't know the neogeo cd game list but in wish of neogeo games I have in mind :

sidekick 1, 2 and 3 (with neo4all there is some issues)
ganryu
breakers revenge
all metal slug series of course

Thanks for building it for dreamshell in particular be sure it's really appreciate :-)

i was thinking of you when i did that :) sidekick 1 i have got working perfect.. 2 and 3 need layer debug from neoraine code is there to fix them.. so possible i have been look at it hard I'm sure i can in time add the fixes to the render for those to work..
i will look into breakers revenge

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:12 pm

I have a version now with sh4 fame core but compatibilty is very low have to debug write the memory mapping does load about 20 games so far but not metal slug.. Speed is a touch better i cant really tell.. next rc will have both build and the src code you can chose to build ether..

XC-3730C
lithium

Post#7 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:19 am

I would like to see Ninja Combat and Ninja Commando.

Is it possible to make my own bootable Neo CD game for DC if I can't already find it? I have several Neo4All games but if they can work better with Dream Neo, I am in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:38 am

Yes both those games work as good or better..

shows you how to make a selfboot dreamneo cd game with cdda.. If you have the neo4all game you can swap it in at the splash screen and it will boot that..

main.png

at this screen you can swap in a real neogeo cd game or back up and it will load it open lid take out emulator cd put back up or real cd in close it you hear it spin up when it does press start..

other wise you can follow the tut make it selfboot with it but you can still swap in any neo4all disk you have burned at that screen as well..

Any neo4all selfboot cd will boot from the swap disk screen if you have burned them you can try it on this build.. saving also works of progress and highscores.. many games work fullspeed not all..

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Post#9 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:29 am

Awesome work dude. All praise Aussie Jesus ;-)

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#10 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:17 pm

All Praise Aussie Jesus! I made a CDI of Metal Slug 2 TURBO!
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4009/

Metal Slug 2 CD Turbo: Slowdown Reduction Patch
Removes the bulk of the slowdown in Metal Slug 2 by adapting System11’s MS2 MVS/AES Turbo hack to the Neo Geo CD version.

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/#!lQEnSAgT!v6l4SRT6n-H5baKubmlNqLicXJzEsPBvzKR1ZZX4_7w