(DREAMNEO V1.0SE) [deluxux][CDI][SB]METALSLUG2 turbo with patch And video demo

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

(DREAMNEO V1.0SE) [deluxux][CDI][SB]METALSLUG2 turbo with patch And video demo

Post#1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:57 am

Review by https://www.youtube.com/user/gamesreup cool channel doing a lot of gaming and lot of love for the dreamcast and homebrew :)

here is the video of metal slug 2 running on the new build run at timestamp 1.47 at the same time as 0:30 for real hardware

Running on real neogeo cd console hardware run at timestamp 0:30 at the same time as 1:47 on the dreamneo video to see how close it is

Running on the old build as you can see the new build is a massive upgrade

Image is made by deluxux thank you runs better then on the real neogeo cd yes the real machine has massive slow down

Metal Slug 2 CD Turbo - Slowdown Reduction Patch
Metal Slug 2 CD Turbo: Slowdown Reduction Patch
http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5e8b3eb3aa75a-dream-neo-cd-vs-neogeo-cd.php
Removes the bulk of the slowdown in Metal slug 2

Link to selfboot cdi for cdr and gdemu
https://mega.nz/#!lQEnSAgT!v6l4SRT6n-H5 ... KR1ZZX4_7w
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:31 am, edited 6 times in total.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Re: (DREAMNEO V1.0SE) [deluxux][CDI][SB]METALSLUG2 turbo with patch And video demo

Post#2 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:11 am

The speed increase is massive! This look extremely close to real hardware speed.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: (DREAMNEO V1.0SE) [deluxux][CDI][SB]METALSLUG2 turbo with patch And video demo

Post#3 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:19 am

Anonymouse wrote:The speed increase is massive! This look extremely close to real hardware speed.

It's very close to real hardware speed on this build thanks to deluxux for making the cdi for us with the patch

From the old build you can see how the sound effects lag like crap and the 4 months i spent fixing it on the new build sure paid off :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:34 am

I have an even better version now with even less slowdown :) deluxux has been testing :)

XC-3730C
lithium

Post#5 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:03 pm

That is awesome. I hope to see more of these Dreamneo NGCD conversions.

Does there exist a Dreamneo vs Neo4All comparison sheet for NGCD games?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:33 pm

XC-3730C wrote:That is awesome. I hope to see more of these Dreamneo NGCD conversions.

Does there exist a Dreamneo vs Neo4All comparison sheet for NGCD games?

Not yet going to take a while to do this.. some i know runs better is view point

solitario1
rebel

Post#7 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:59 pm

How to use this emulator in 240p ?

XC-3730C
lithium

Post#9 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:06 pm

solitario1 wrote:How to use this emulator in 240p ?
You can also gag a TVOne Corio2 downscaler. That is what I use to get 240p out of any VGA or HDMI capable system like Dreamcast, Switch, etcImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gamesreup
killer

Post#10 » Mon May 11, 2020 12:27 pm

I'm wanting to do a video on Metal Slug 2. Is it the latest and greatest when it comes to the build version Ian?

Many Thanks