Homebrew menu tutorial

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: Homebrew menu tutorial

Post#51 » Tue May 26, 2020 3:54 pm

ShindouGo wrote:The method for the compilations with the navigator that I use allows to launch more than 30 games. When we look for example at the compilation of Toodles, each game can launch with 6-7 different music. We are more than 50 games I think.

I have not looked at the toodles disk yet.
Is this using dream passport or dream key?

I was referring to using ginsu loader.
But, I think the limitation is simply due to not being able to scroll further than bottom of screen.
And this is using the minimum files required.. similar to using the ginsu loader off the sdk disk.
As I said earlier if you remove the bloat from a retail disk that uses ginsu, you will get the same loader that is found in the sdk...(same menu, same text)
All sega did was add a gui to the original loader and MFT9906.BIN, PLAYVID.BIN, and added device drivers.

Either way I will find out soon if there is a limit when using ginsu with all the fancy animations and stuff intact.
Hopefully there is not a limit.

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#52 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:26 pm

Uh, it seems to me that it is XDP Dream Passport that he used :)
I just watched and it actually launches 76 games/apps ;)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#53 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:48 pm

Image could use the russian menu hack it was used with segagen and does not seem to have a limit i posted that version in the bleemcast tinfoil hat topic

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#54 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:11 am

I am not necessarily a fan of this presentation because it is more complicated to set up. It requires making a transparent PVR image for each television. Who says PVR says Photoshop with the PVR plugin.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#55 » Wed May 27, 2020 3:55 pm

ShindouGo wrote:I am not necessarily a fan of this presentation because it is more complicated to set up. It requires making a transparent PVR image for each television. Who says PVR says Photoshop with the PVR plugin.

I tried to remove strings to load specific .pvr in MFT9906 to no avail.
The images still show up but instead weird and glitched out.

I am no photoshop expert so I simply convert pvr to png and edit in mspaint.
Keeping the aspect ratio the same..
Then convert back to pvr.
It might be worse quality but when you have no1 helping this is what you do.

What I want to try next is editing .KAT files to add custom audio.
From what I can tell .KAT is a container that holds multiple sound files.
Once extracted you can hex edit each sound file with a wav header.
Then create the .KAT file with the modded audio (after removing wav headers)

On a compilation disk that has data with long file names/multiple files with same name (but different version of the files) the script used to create the .iso needs to be modified in order to keep the data intact.

Example:

mkisofs -C 0,11702 -V DREAMAPP -G ip.bin -r -J -l -hide 0.0 -o data.iso data

Adding joliet (-J) and rock ridge (-r) options to allow long file names and any odd character file names (unicode? not sure on this).
Some1 can chime in and correct me...
Also removing -duplicates-once option to allow files that have same name but are different versions to all be loaded as normal.
11702 LBA is best to use since you have more space to deal with on the disk (65mb or so data saved)..
I know some ppl will say data/data 45000 LBA is only way to go..but, in this case you need save all space available in order to fit more on a disk.

Ripfire
stalker

Post#56 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:54 am

Last edited by Ripfire on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#57 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:10 pm

ripfire, what happens after you select game? it loads splash screen then back to dc bios? or black screen?

did you change lba in every bin where you find cd00?

Ripfire
stalker

Post#58 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:04 am

Last edited by Ripfire on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#59 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:47 am

are the bin files for your bor games scrambled? if so you need unscramble them then hex edit the lba.
if they are unscrambled and you already edited the lba for them maybe post a .cdi of your project and I will see if I can help.
i think you have already figured it out based on you getting official dc magazine menu working. but the bor games are not booting and after you choose them it resets...which usually means the lba was not edited. not always but in most cases..

Ripfire
stalker

Post#60 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:29 am

Last edited by Ripfire on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.