After The Fall - Now available for download

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Re: After The Fall - Now available for download

Post#11 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:33 am

Will you be adding the music? I found a video of the original and the music really adds a lot of atmosphere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLqCxoE ... kyOr3mlRpY
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#12 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:08 pm

Wow man I read your dev journal. You put in a lot of work on this game. Good job! It's not something I would usually play but I will give it a try now just to see your work.

DARKHALO2K
dark night

Post#13 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:55 am

@prototype34 : Download and unpack the zip, burn the .cdi file to a disc (preferably at 12X).

@Anonymouse : The game currently crashes on RADQuake due to memory limitations, but Ian Micheal has been very generous with his time and is looking in to a solution.

Adding RGB Scart support to Makaqu would be straightforward, but I'd need to recreate mankrip's SDK.

And no music was ever created for After The Fall. The music in that playthrough is from Quake, and is owned by Bethesda. The developers didn't void the music value in some of the maps, meaning that a song would play if a CD containing music was found in the disc drive (skip to map 4 in that playthrough, there's no music). The developers even state that there is no music in the original readme, which can be found in an archive on the disc image I've created.

@dubcity : Thank you so much for reading through that, I sincerely appreciate it!
Last edited by DARKHALO2K on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#14 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:11 am

Thank you for the reply. Amazing work!

I hope to play it soon. I’ll see if I can get hold of another AV cable and TV to play it on.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

DARKHALO2K
dark night

Post#15 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:10 am

Thanks! I really appreciate that. And if you get to play it, I hope that you enjoy it.

prototype34
shadow

Post#16 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:25 pm

How do i download this game csn some one help

DARKHALO2K
dark night

Post#17 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:11 am

Click the link in the first post, unpack the zip file, and burn the .cdi file to a blank CD-R at a low speed (ideally, 12X).

BlazedRunner
undertow

Post#18 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:39 am

Played this all last night..what a great game! Thanks so much! You guys are absolutely doing wonders for this community aswell as the quake scene
:geek:

Dreamcast:PAL,Model 1,VGA Box

Twitch.tv/Blaz3dRunner

DARKHALO2K
dark night

Post#19 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:37 pm

That's awesome! Thank you. :D

BlazedRunner
undertow

Post#20 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:23 am

DARKHALO2K wrote:That's awesome! Thank you. :D

Ah it was a pleasure man!

Hope you can get to get it to run more stable at some point..I had it crash maybe 3 times playing through it..so it wasn't too bad..was like you said when I kept dying lol
:geek:

Dreamcast:PAL,Model 1,VGA Box

Twitch.tv/Blaz3dRunner