Coven Of Ebony With video alpha cdi [WIP]

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Coven Of Ebony With video alpha cdi [WIP]

Post#1 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Hi I have been working on Radquake to bring you the Coven of Ebony it was a cool just addon pak now converted it to standalone game.. Plus new models weapons sounds menus.. this is an alpha version to test for people that want to do that.. This does not need the quake 1 game anymore or the pop.lmp all checks have been removed from the engine..

Works on hardware now but try it on emulator if you want to.. Gameplay is fun kinda of unlock rooms parts and go on.. make sure to save or just type god on the console :)

Youtube video

conback.png
conback.png (32.46 KiB) Viewed 8437 times

menu.png

ingame1.png

ingame2.png

ingame3.png

Credits
Dustin Geeraert
Travis Brown

Porting and making into a tc
Ian micheal

*** Sequencing ***

1. Hall of Fates
2. Ebon Church
3. The Twisting Caverns
4. Double Barbican
5. Dark Avatar's Haunt
6. Exit Demo

Also added a very cool weapon
Bomb Launcher (Cool GUN!)
If hits wall or floor counts down 4 seconds and explodes
if hits monster or player:
impact hurts them,
if the explosion will kill them it says "GoodBye!"
if not, it starts to drop and explodes

*** The Story ***

Code: Select all

Eight months ago, a bloody, battered soldier stumbled through a slipgate early in the morning
in the new Slipgate Complex.  No one knew who he was and no one could communicate with him. 
For weeks and months, the doctors tried their hardest to restore him to a regular state.  But
despite their efforts, the man would only stare vacantly and mutter in a quick, arachnid tongue
 unfamiliar to the best of linguists.  One bright morning he was found dead in the sick ward, with no sign of a struggle.  An autopsy revealed mechanical devices within him, and after many more months of decoding these electronics, a very rough log of the man's journeys was recovered. It is from this information that we perceive a current threat.

Besides this man, few have been through the slipgates.  Most are cut off from communication
with home within several minutes and are never heard of again.  Less than ten have ever made
it back, and most of these refuse to ever return.  The Earth Guard, in the beginning a valiant effort to protect our world from netherworldly threats, has been reduced to an underfunded
group of badly shaken men.  The lapse in attacks has led wistful officials to believe that
Quake has really been destroyed.  But droids sent through slipgate portals are still not
coming back. 

Everything we know about Quake is merely theory; hypothesis.  Based on this sketchy information, we reason that Quake is a force which has been conquering worlds since before mankind existed. 
The multitude of factions and races in his armies are probably held together by some common bond.
But if Shub-Niggurath was truly the source of that bond, as many believe, then the beings in
his army would be free from their servitude to him.

The effects of Shub-Niggurath's death, supposing she was the source of the bond, would have been similar to the fall of Rome,  but on a scale much, much larger.  Some would welcome their freedom. Some, corrupted with the power of Quake's influence, would not. 

Some conflict between the two groups was inevitable.

The faction we are truly frightened of is the Coven of Ebony.  This group of wizards seems
intent on seizing Quake's unholy throne.  The Coven was last heard of running secretive underground meetings, and led by a master as yet unknown.  If we are right, the shockwave created by this being's death would badly upset Quake's armies again. You are one of our finest men, and in this dark hour we have no choice.  You must travel deep into the heart of the Coven Ebony,
and assassinate their master.

This is WIP I will replace all models that are quake based looking with new models.

Game plays very well right now.. Hope you enjoy i read the story out on the video show the new weapon which is just plain fun that new gun..

This is conversion and upgrade to the OG quake addon all credit to the OG authors.. little known addon pak freeware

Alpha selfboot cdi
https://mega.nz/file/CZoBRIKB#e_0bn-7dz ... 9D_OOfs6VU

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Coven Of Ebony With video alpha cdi [WIP]

Post#2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:25 pm

If you do get to test it runs best on hardware since it's using sh4 sin and cos and other asm math.. really plays smoother then any other version of radquake has all the upgrades i worked with pip on.. Plus now you can use this version to make your own games with out having to have the fullversion of quake anymore

source code with changes be up tomorrow with custom branch on github :)
Attachments
radquake5.0[[C}[R4].rar
(703.42 KiB) Downloaded 450 times

Alexislight
minority

Post#3 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:06 am

good graphics, good music and...good storyteller ian!
now, the graphics are better than old versions of radquake, i wonder how did you do it?
i'm going to burn it, thanks.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:38 am

Alexislight wrote:good graphics, good music and...good storyteller ian!
now, the graphics are better than old versions of radquake, i wonder how did you do it?
i'm going to burn it, thanks.

Grafix textures are not being forced to use low mipcap detail :) thank you Alexislight

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:44 am

Me doing some voice acting for final version of Coven of Ebony story reading by me .. this will be at the start of the game not the final version but close to this working on dreamcast bit more pretty lol.. i show some new models and
Game is almost fully complete now full sound track new sounds fully working cd stereo sound track 6 fps levels Dreamcast port conversion of game into a full TC does not need quake to run..
Music by https://www.bensound.com/royalty-free...

story by
Tronyn - [email protected]
Fat Controller - [email protected]

Voice acting by Ian micheal If you like me to do some for your project i can do all sorts of accents and types and mimic people etc. also sing and mimic a lot of famous people..

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#6 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:26 pm

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: nice job, i like that devilish voice :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

diablo 3 had would needed it :)