What dreamcast games are you currently playing these days?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
knuckles29
rebel

Re: What dreamcast games are you currently playing these days?

Post#151 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:25 pm

DCGX wrote:I didn't even know you could play with both the Twin Stick and mouse at the same time. I'll have to try that, and finally finish the single-player missions after all these years.

If you want to get more from Outrigger and not pay for a Twin Stick, the ASCII Mission is much more affordable. I haven't done Panther XL yet. But I know those are pricier too.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#152 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:54 am

I have the Twin Stick (have been playing 'Xeno Crisis' with it). I had the Panther XL back in the day, but way back in the day and never tried it.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#153 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:55 pm

Soul Calibur
Plasma Sword

I beat the game last night with Byakko and Geralt for the first time.
Their endings were rather interesting.

enfilade
shadow

Post#154 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:03 am

Constantly playing the online titles when I can. Especially PSO (lv 122). Also In the middle of playing Seaman which is enjoyable. Other than that just quick games of Mr. Driller and Wetrix+ at the moment.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#155 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:40 pm

Test Drive Le mans.

I can proudly say, I unlocked the GT2 Larbre competition car.
I used the Jaguar car, and raced the Catalunya track, using manual control and unlocked that car. I'm still getting used to manual, since I normally race using auto.

Last Blade 2
Had fun playing Kojiroh, but Mukuro was an annoying spoil sport as usual. I still managed to beat the game. Hey, Kojiroh has an orange costume? Cool! :shock:

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#156 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:46 am

Giga Wing 2 - Brilliant use of a simple mechanic. It takes the solid gameplay of the first and adds story and DC graphics.

Shenmue II (PS4) - I couldn't get into this one when I first tried years ago. I'm playing again and am thoroughly enjoying it. I suppose having a matching mood makes all the difference.
shinjitsunayu.me/ - web content for DC.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#157 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:52 am

Yeah, I would agree about mood with the 'Shenmue' games. I have to be in for something slower paced myself.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#158 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:36 pm

Last Blade 2 a while ago. I finally beat the game with Juzoh. His ending is silly. Lol!

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#159 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:21 am

I stopped by a Play N Trade for the first time in a few years, because they're prices normally suck, but I ended up finding a few games below ebay prices I messed around with last night: Test Drive La Mans, Sno-Cross Championship Racing and Striker Pro 2000 (a game I knew existed and completely forgot about at the same time).

It sucks you can't use the analog stick for Striker Pro, but you can use the arcade stick. You don't see that too often for sports games.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#160 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:31 pm

Last Blade 2. Beat it with Kouryu for the first time late last night.
Holy crap! That dude is overpowered like literally. :D