FULL Online Games List - 225 Titles!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Treamcaster
fire

Re: FULL Online Games List - 225 Titles!

Post#11 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:19 am

I never knew JP Power Stone 2 had an online 2P mode. If this gets revived it will be a blast!

beanboy
Wazza

Post#12 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:59 pm

Thanks for this big list Roareye.

Speed Devils Online had 5 players for online races? Wow! :shock:

thirdpunch
rebel

Post#13 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Great job on the list! Man if we get Power Stone 2 JP working for the online 2P mode that'd be so cool. I also can't wait for Unreal Tournament one day.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#14 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:46 pm

Power Stone 2 is definitely one I would LOVE to play online some day.

@beanboy, the 5 Players for Speed Devils Online isn't something I've personally verified but am assuming it's correct as it is stated on dreamcastlive's Game List. Monaco GP 2 has 6 players online, so it's not an impossibility for SDO to have had 5.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#15 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:32 pm

Sent a fully translated copy of the Japanese The Lost Golem website to Dreampipe. DLC is missing (VMU/VMI states are often not stored by the Wayback Machine) but plenty of content to peruse. With how The Lost Golem handles it's data, it's possible we can release new DLC in the future though.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#16 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:24 pm

Roareye wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:Remember, the Japanese online multiplayer games do not connect the same way the rest of the world connects multiplayer.

That is true. All other online functions work the same, however. And with one Japanese multiplayer back online the chances of reviving others increases. It's still not gonna happen too soon though, I'd wager.

Agreed. It would be great just getting 10 more back, but it is a huge order here. Gundam was not made the same as the other Japanese games, so it was more "doable"
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#17 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:07 pm

If it were me, my pick of 10 JP Titles to revive would be;

Power Stone 2
Street Fighter II X
Sega Rally 2
Sega Tetris
Golf Shiyouyo 2 (not a fan of golf, but variety is always cool)
Rune Jade
Toukon Retsuden 4
Aero Dancing i
Gundam Battle Online
Treasure Strike

Those give us the most variety out of the JP titles. A 2D fighter, a 3D fighter, a racing game, a puzzle game (4 player), golf, RPG (5 player), wrestling, aerial combat shooter, strategy. I don't know what Treasure Strike us but it's 4 player so that helped sell it to me lol

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#18 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:56 pm

Working on the Biohazard 3: Last Battle website. Turns out the Mercenaries mode supports Leaderboards/Ranking via the internet! I've only done the front page (where this is mentioned as a feature), so I don't know the details yet. All the same I've updated the first post.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#19 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:19 am

A few screens of the Resident Evil 3/Biohazard 3: Last Escape website being rebuilt. Managed to get the Leaderboards back to the most complete as I could. Had to build a few artworks from scratch to complete the Leaderboards. The Mercenaries site itself is missing almost all artworks, so a lot of rebuilding will need to be done there. The original Resident Evil 3 site itself is almost completely intact, however. So transferring that should be a relative breeze.

MainPage001.jpg

The main page has all it's artwork. Whenever you hover over an interview number, the Umbrella logo to the left changes to a new artwork. That's working on the translated version too.

LeaderboardsPrev001.jpg

The Leaderboards as they were back in the day for Mercenaries mode. Carlos' page was the most complete, with Mikhail missing his "MIKHAIL'S RANKING" top banner but including his rankings. I probably won't transfer all these old rankings and just duplicate the page since I would hope we could start our own rankings as a community anyhow.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#20 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:15 am

Just rebuilt the main Mercenaries Mode menu, as there was literally nothing left but the HTML on the server.
MercMenuold001.jpg

I referenced several assets from the website and from the game artwork to figure out roughly what would have been placed where and what it would have looked like. Since it seemed nobody in Japan thought to screen-grab these DC websites, it's always a case of going in blind (if the assets are already lost), but I think it's pretty good. The portraits light up when you hover the mouse over them, as seems to have been the original intent.
MercMenunew001.jpg

The only thing left that's missing is the background. The HTML refers to a "rank_bg.gif" but obviously there's nothing left of it on the Wayback Machine. I'll likely leave it black as it works well enough as it is, and I don't want to risk the bg art getting in the way of the content.