6 New games from Joshprod

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

sgmx
dirty sailor

6 New games from Joshprod

Post#1 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:32 am

I don’t think I read about it here but preorders are opened:

https://www.pixelheart.eu/fr/boutique/? ... amcast-pal

Satazius Next seems the most interesting one, as usual I find them expensive for ports..

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: 6 New games from Joshprod

Post#2 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:13 am

interesting

looks like JoshProd has taken on publishing all the previous indie releases also like Sturmwind

CDs are becoming extinct in the states hardly any music is released on CD anymore. I wonder how much it costs to get them pressed up now.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#3 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:25 am

I pre ordered arcade racing legend because of original game in 3D.
Others looks bad and I don't like the sort.
Too many shoots... No action adventure or rpg.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#4 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:42 am

I see their pricing scheme hasn't changed. Rocketron is $6 on Steam. Vulkaiser is $5 on Steam. $5! And all these Astro Port titles are average as hell.

As usual, I will be passing on JoshProd's extortion - I mean, trip down nostalgia lane for better titles than these - I mean on their future, announced releases.

turntablism
rebel

Post#5 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:45 am

wolflame could be a nice shmup

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#6 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:29 am

I'm willing to pay 15-20 for each release they do if they made a cdi digital download available for purchase. I paid that for xenocrisis and was happy to do so. I'm strictly gdemu on my dreamcast now.

who knows how much joshprod is paying in license fees and how much pressing cds costs now. they are making smaller quantities of cds also which makes the price high.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#7 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:22 pm

Everyone always complains about prices like they're experts on all aspects of how much things cost to produce and *gasp* heaven forbid someone sells something above cost to make a bit of profit and ensure they're not taking a loss on unsold stock! 35 Euros doesn't seem like extortion to me.

If you want to complain about all these "new" releases just being ports of average games, go ahead. I know I haven't really been too excited.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#8 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:26 pm

they have released a lot of these on the switch e-shop

Gigantic Army - 8.99 on switch e-shop
part of 4 game astro port collection on dreamcast 99.00

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#9 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:37 pm

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:Everyone always complains about prices like they're experts on all aspects of how much things cost to produce and *gasp* heaven forbid someone sells something above cost to make a bit of profit and ensure they're not taking a loss on unsold stock! 35 Euros doesn't seem like extortion to me.

If you want to complain about all these "new" releases just being ports of average games, go ahead. I know I haven't really been too excited.

I'm not against them making a profit at all. They're printing 2000 copies of each game based off their site. It's obvious the market of a 20yr old console isn't big so they will charge higher price.

Limited quantity + rare CD media + small Dreamcast market= high price.

My only wish is if they sold a digital version. I'm not buying a cd to rip it to cdi to play on my gdemu.

What I'm willing to pay for a digital copy is my choice.

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#10 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:47 pm

They never release the game in cdi format..
But clearly too expensive to me I bought the first ones they released and was more than disappointed to pay that much for games that are exactly the same than the roms emulated (I mean not better emulated).
Even the racing game is a port of an existing iPhone game (although it seems like they put more effort on it) https://appadvice.com/game/app/racing-pro/583641493
Last edited by sgmx on Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.