DMZ not working

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Blayer98
Anarki

Re: DMZ not working

Post#11 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 am

Ok, Idk if I’ll ever be able to fix this issue, I’ll probably end up stuck with double NAT issues, and I can’t put my main router on bridge mode otherwise there’s nowhere for the packets to be sent...

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#12 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:08 pm

You want the second router set up as a switch. How to do this varies by router, but here's the general idea: https://www.techwalla.com/articles/use-router-switch
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#13 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:35 pm

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:You want the second router set up as a switch. How to do this varies by router, but here's the general idea: https://www.techwalla.com/articles/use-router-switch

I have already tried this.

Using Access Point mode will hide the DMZ options, and even WITH this, I still cannot get DMZ on my main router for my Dreamcast. The Pi and the Dreamcast share the same MAC Address like I mentioned previously (I think I did, can’t remember.)and I cannot enter the Dreamcast’s IP Address because my TalkTalk HG633 router doesn’t work that way...

megavolt85
Developer

Post#14 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:48 am

Blayer98 wrote:Ok, so I found out that what I have to do is DMZ my Dreamcast on my TP Link router, and then I also have to DMZ the TP Link router on my HG633 router which is ridiculous! If anyone knows of a much easier way to do this I’d really appreciate it!

and what is the difficulty, it is very easy to do
P.S. some TP-Link models do not want to forward packets to DMZ if SPI firewall is enabled

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#15 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:57 am

What do you mean by “SPI Firewall”?

I know it’s easy to do and if anything is actually a lot quicker, but I’d rather not have to make the router DMZ’ed as that also exposes the DreamPi I’m using...

megavolt85
Developer

Post#16 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:17 am

Blayer98 wrote:What do you mean by “SPI Firewall”?

Снимок экрана_2020-09-24_11-12-08.png

Blayer98 wrote:but I’d rather not have to make the router DMZ’ed as that also exposes the DreamPi I’m using...

DMZ open ports to your dreamcast, not DreamPi
but if you are so worried, instead of DMZ, you can configure port forwarding manually for each game

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#17 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:54 am

megavolt85 wrote:
Blayer98 wrote:What do you mean by “SPI Firewall”?

Снимок экрана_2020-09-24_11-12-08.png

Blayer98 wrote:but I’d rather not have to make the router DMZ’ed as that also exposes the DreamPi I’m using...

DMZ open ports to your dreamcast, not DreamPi
but if you are so worried, instead of DMZ, you can configure port forwarding manually for each game

I literally said that I have DMZ'ed my Dreamcast. I did so on my second router because I can actually specify the Dreamcast's IP Address. I can't do that on my main router, again as I said earlier, because my HG633 Router doesn't work that way and will only allow me to dmz the pi because both the dreamcast and pi share the same mac address.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#18 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:49 am

Blayer98 wrote:I literally said that I have DMZ'ed my Dreamcast. I did so on my second router because I can actually specify the Dreamcast's IP Address.

1) what model of your TP-Link router?
2) how do you connect TP-Link to HG633?

Blayer98
Anarki

Post#19 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:01 am

megavolt85 wrote:
Blayer98 wrote:I literally said that I have DMZ'ed my Dreamcast. I did so on my second router because I can actually specify the Dreamcast's IP Address.

1) what model of your TP-Link router?
2) how do you connect TP-Link to HG633?

TL-WR940N. I'm able to specify the Dreamcast's IP into DMZ, but it won't work on it's own, I also have to DMZ the router via my HG633 router. It also does not have Internet access on it's own. I cannot use bridge mode on my HG633 router as the packets will have nowhere to go at all.

I connect the TP Link router via Ethernet to my HG633.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#20 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:40 pm

Blayer98 wrote:I connect the TP Link router via Ethernet to my HG633.

a few more questions and I will be ready to give you step-by-step instructions
1) TL-WR940N has multiple hardware revisions, which revision do you have?
2) which LAN IP is currently installed on TL-WR940N? (IP for accessing the WEB interface)
3) what is the LAN IP of the HG633 now? (IP for accessing the WEB interface)