Fragmented Almanac - New Indie Game realeasing April 8th!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

lerabot
blackout!

Re: Summoning Signals - indie game coming out in 2020

Post#21 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:22 am

#SPOILERS ---- This is (almost) the full content of the demo in the video. ----

Thank you PC for making a video, you only hit 1 or 2 bugs :roll: :roll: :lol:
Indie Game Studio

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#22 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:41 am

The demo is released ? Or it's a video demo ?

lerabot
blackout!

Post#23 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:42 pm

Demo out on october 7th :)
Indie Game Studio

lerabot
blackout!

Post#24 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:13 pm

Hello everyone, you can now download our demo on out itch.io page :)

DISCLAIMER
This is a demo and some content is subject to change. The assets might not be final and you might encounter some minor bugs. Please save often.
It is advised to play on a real console with a VMU that has at least 9 empty blocs. GDemu is supported. Emulator have proven to be unreliable. We are aware that the background music might have some issues in some areas.

Please let us know what you think! We would be happy to have your comments and suggestions.
Oh and please report any bugs! We know that there are a few creeping around.
Indie Game Studio

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#25 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:32 pm

Thank you

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#26 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:02 pm

heck yeah!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#27 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:50 am

lerabot wrote:Hello everyone, you can now download our demo on out itch.io page :)

DISCLAIMER
This is a demo and some content is subject to change. The assets might not be final and you might encounter some minor bugs. Please save often.
It is advised to play on a real console with a VMU that has at least 9 empty blocs. GDemu is supported. Emulator have proven to be unreliable. We are aware that the background music might have some issues in some areas.

Please let us know what you think! We would be happy to have your comments and suggestions.
Oh and please report any bugs! We know that there are a few creeping around.

Great to see this out m8 as you know been following along from the start.. nice to see new idea's in a game :) Thank you for your hardwork:)

DeeCeeSpeed
shadow

Post#28 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:28 pm

SO excited for all the new Dreamcast games coming out here in 2020, and especially this one -- it's very interesting!

I gave it a go -- .CDI on a USB-GDROM -- and after three crashes I stopped! I liked what I saw, but it wasn't saving the game to VMU, so I had to restart each time, so I decided to pause. :(

@lerabot -- if it's helpful, I was streaming and recording it while I played, so if you want, you can watch the VOD and see the various bugs and breaks I found: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/764141004

I would be happy to be part of the test teams and play more, if you have other versions in the future!

Thanks for your work!

lerabot
blackout!

Post#29 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:13 pm

Omg thank you for recording the unfortunate crashes! I will take a look at this very carefully.

Some people also noted that the VMU didn't work for saving. Do you have 9 blocks left? It might also need to be in the first controller first slot.

I'll report back tomorrow!
Indie Game Studio

DeeCeeSpeed
shadow

Post#30 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:24 pm

You're welcome! I like to stream-the-Dream, and the recording is a nice benefit. I can clip glitches and speedrun tricks in other games I play for later reference!

VMU was relatively empty (62 blocks free) and it was in the first controller slot. I *do* have a soldered extension from the controller to the VMU so that I can place it under a camera for streaming, but it works flawlessly -- dozens of games played with that setup, no problems.

Cool VMU integrations, by the way, I like that it chirps when there is a radio transmission to listen to!