Arcade Racing Legends Review! First footage of final version.

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Arcade Racing Legends Review! First footage of final version.

Post#1 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:26 pm

This really exceeded my expectations, can't wait to get to play this myself! They really updated it from the last time we seen it!

From what he showed, I am even more excited for this than before.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Arcade Racing Legends Review! First footage of final version.

Post#2 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:01 am

Never heard of the Dreamcast Hub. Also, I wish the 1970 Plymouth Superbird was in this game.
Last edited by Bob Dobbs on Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:47 am

It's very good and been saying that a long time.. glad the final build got a review:) If they added an ONLINE SE version that be about the best you could ask for .. maybe if it sells well they might do that..

Really all it's missing..

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:29 am

Yeah, I been defending it since they first announced it. So many naysayers, I hope this convinces them. It was highly anticipated by me always, but wow, this video just blew my mind,. Way better looking than I expected, both visually and physics.

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#5 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:06 am

I always complain about Joshprod’s lazy ports but I already admitted with the previous video of that game, that finally this one looks very promising and I’ll go for it (although it is enhanced and customised port :))
Do we have a release date ?

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#6 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:32 am

Looks Ace , happy i backed them !

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#7 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:00 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Yeah, I been defending it since they first announced it. So many naysayers, I hope this convinces them. It was highly anticipated by me always, but wow, this video just blew my mind,. Way better looking than I expected, both visually and physics.

As one of those naysayers (and critics of JoshProd in general), it's not like we weren't justified. The game had not looked very good and blatant copying of IPs is concerning.

I will say that, based on this video, it does look much better both in graphics and controls. Hopefully WB/ATT doesn't sue for the Batmobile, but the game has at least piqued my interest.

I'll still wait for final reviews, though.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:17 pm

Any fan can see it i not a real Batmobille, it is merely inspired by it. They also have a BTTF Delorean knockoff. I mean, you think Rockstar got the rights from Universal to make a flying Deluxo which was CLEARLY inspired by the flying Delorean fropm Back to the Future II? I mean hell, they even did a mashup of the Tim Burton Batmobile with the Tumbler from the Dark Night trilogy. So if Rockstar can do it in GTA V, what makes you think this small indie game will be in trouble for it? I think you are overthinking things man hehe.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#9 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:48 pm

I will buy this although I still wish the 1970 Superbird was in this game (known as "The King" in the Pixar Cars movie).
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#10 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:39 am

Anthony817 wrote:Any fan can see it i not a real Batmobille, it is merely inspired by it. They also have a BTTF Delorean knockoff. I mean, you think Rockstar got the rights from Universal to make a flying Deluxo which was CLEARLY inspired by the flying Delorean fropm Back to the Future II? I mean hell, they even did a mashup of the Tim Burton Batmobile with the Tumbler from the Dark Night trilogy. So if Rockstar can do it in GTA V, what makes you think this small indie game will be in trouble for it? I think you are overthinking things man hehe.

No, I just don't like JoshProd much.