Atomiswave Conversions FAQ

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

abee263
noob

Re: Atomiswave Conversions FAQ

Post#71 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:43 am

Any chance to port kenju and force five atomiswave to dreamcast?

tokyo-j
rebel

Post#72 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:04 am

abee263 wrote:Any chance to port kenju and force five atomiswave to dreamcast?

It may be possible. They have only been released in a .DAT format for the Naomi Netboot which can also be played in a emulator. Hopefully someone is able to convert them to .GDI files.

slivercr
core

Post#73 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:45 am

WWammy wrote:On the Atomisewave I was wondering if the serial port sd card would be a better fit for Atomisewave as it could allow for writing to the directory?

Any ideas?

Currently the sram is premade and saved to the directory so I'm guessing being able to write to the directory is better?

Running through the serial port doesn't immediately allow for saving the SRAM, just like the proposed extra features of MODE wouldnt allow it. The games need to be patched to allow it.

That said, I agree the option to save SRAM via SPI is interesting if its possible: running from an ODE and saving to SPI would be really cool.

WWammy
noob

Post#74 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:52 am

slivercr wrote:
WWammy wrote:On the Atomisewave I was wondering if the serial port sd card would be a better fit for Atomisewave as it could allow for writing to the directory?

Any ideas?

Currently the sram is premade and saved to the directory so I'm guessing being able to write to the directory is better?

Running through the serial port doesn't immediately allow for saving the SRAM, just like the proposed extra features of MODE wouldnt allow it. The games need to be patched to allow it.

That said, I agree the option to save SRAM via SPI is interesting if its possible: running from an ODE and saving to SPI would be really cool.

Yes I get that but serial port could allow for it as it allows dumping games to the serial port sd card correct me if I'm wrong?
The front end would likely need to be different as the current dream shell is working like an ODE in the fact that it mimics the GD-Rom drive

A custom frontend for Atomiswave games to play via the serial port could do the trick or a modification to the current dreamshell to allow writing back of the sram is my idea

slivercr
core

Post#75 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:08 pm

WWammy wrote:
slivercr wrote:

Any ideas?

Yes I get that but serial port could allow for it as it allows dumping games to the serial port sd card correct me if I'm wrong?
The front end would likely need to be different as the current dream shell is working like an ODE in the fact that it mimics the GD-Rom drive

A custom frontend for Atomiswave games to play via the serial port could do the trick or a modification to the current dreamshell to allow writing back of the sram is my idea

You can for sure write to it, if that's the question.

If it can/will be implemented in these games, I have no clue.

xjanx
shadow

Post#76 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:39 pm

tokyo-j wrote:
xjanx wrote:Since atomiswave seems to run on DC there might be also a chance that some of the yet unreleased naomi games will be running on the DC, right?

Atomiswave and Dreamcast have identical hardware. Naomi is more powerful with nearly twice as much memory so this is unlikely to happen.

Ah, ok, interesting.
I actually thought the opposite is the case and Atomiswave was more powerfull :lol:

Ok, then Naomi might be not so easy to convert...too bad, there were still several games being unreleased yet :cry:

tokyo-j
rebel

Post#77 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:46 pm

xjanx wrote:
tokyo-j wrote:
xjanx wrote:Since atomiswave seems to run on DC there might be also a chance that some of the yet unreleased naomi games will be running on the DC, right?

Atomiswave and Dreamcast have identical hardware. Naomi is more powerful with nearly twice as much memory so this is unlikely to happen.

Ah, ok, interesting.
I actually thought the opposite is the case and Atomiswave was more powerfull :lol:

Ok, then Naomi might be not so easy to convert...too bad, there were still several games being unreleased yet :cry:

Which unreleased games? I have a Naomi system and I thought I had most of the games already.

Tb2013
noob

Post#78 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:05 pm

total noob here. I don't even know if this is the right spot to ask this question...... I haven't been able to play a single atomiswave port on my dreamcast. I have the dreamshell disc in the dreamcast, i unzip the games to my sd card, i try to open the iso and nothing ever happens. I have about 20 other games on the sd card that work fine. what am I doing wrong?

MarkCerny
shadow

Post#79 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:19 am

tokyo-j wrote:
xjanx wrote:
tokyo-j wrote:

Ah, ok, interesting.

Which unreleased games? I have a Naomi system and I thought I had most of the games already.

He may be referring to Naomi games that haven't been ported to the Dreamcast, as Jambo Safari or Virtua NBA.

Regarding AtomisWave, I think I've recently seen a soccer game called PREMIER ELEVEN developed by DIMPS, that was cancelled, but seemed to be almost finished or at least playable. A similar situation as Force Five or Kenju.

Would be interesting to see it dumped and ported. Most Dreamcast soccer games were below average. While Virtua Striker 2 is pure fun, would be nice to have another good soccer game.

slivercr
core

Post#80 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:21 am

Sushi Bar is out!!!